Thursday, August 07, 2008

I Made Friends

I completed a month here on campus today. And what a day to celebrate! Firstly, thankfully, it was the weekly off. With no test scheduled for the next day. It is ironic that I am going to say the next set of words - I do not care if I get a couple of hours less of sleep (!) now. So without bothering about the few hours that I'd get even on a Wednesday night (which is Saturday night here), I ventured out for a walk with friends in the rain. Following that was a loooong chat session with Priyam in the common area. Also got to see a hyper security woman trying to get girls back in after the in-time. Funny!
For the next day (our Sunday) was planned a trip to the city. We were going to board the first bus out at 11:00 a.m. and have a nice breakfast with everybody before that. But my roommate (!) used the bathroom for 45 minutes. For the Sunday joy, I believe. So I could not go for breakfast at all. Yes, bad habits are going. Baths happen in the morning. Unless I wake at 8:25 for the 9:00 a.m. class. :P
Coming back - everybody had some work in different parts of the city, so we first dispersed in different directions. I was alone for the first time in a month. Walked a little to Deccan. This place has ALL the banks. I saw Axis. And a queue of at least a hundred people outside - second last day for purchase of CAT forms. I was only a little too amused. And then I started looking for the Vodafone gallery. Too too far. So I walked at least 3-4 kms (in the rain again). Shopped for fruits [:)] and bought a plant too with a terracotta pot!!! It is now sitting pretty outside my room.

Friends wanted non-veg food for lunch, and I went for a dosa close-by. Alone again. But that was nice. I ended up sharing a table with a dental surgeon settled in the US visiting family here in Pune. Had a nice, pleasant conversation with her and joined friends back. Pushed off to Barista from there. Everybody was going to meet up again there. About 10 of us. The session there was going to last about 2 hours and what 2 hours we had! Lots of fun, people losing it, talking shit, laughing, not cribbing, and enjoying to the core. The pictures might talk...

Adding today's pictures and a few from all the past days.


One of the inhabitants here



Debanjana, Ruhi, Vrinda, Swetha and Ridhima on Darpan's birthday

Puppy in the centre


:P

Akshay

many more photographers around me

He was around too today

Everybody! :-)


Venky taught me "aipaddi irke" and "nalle irke". He is normal.


This was during a session with my photography club president, Prakash. That zoom burst thingi. I did! :D

Exactly a month ago with the cupboard's rod by my window


Tickle is universal. Hasn't left me in Pune either.

Shoi rarely smiles. And that night we were all in fits of laughter. You can see the reason.

Hostel and the fitness club from the top floor.

Inside the hostel.

Shagun and Priyam talking and watching MTV at 1:00 a.m.


Hostel again

And somebody is being missed on an anniversary. :(

7 comments:

Silver Mist said...

Wow!! Just 1 month. Mera toh 1 year and 1 month ho gaya..
And already the 'leaving-college-nostalgia' feeling has begun to creep upon me :(
Richa, looks like you got a great gang there.. I envy you the 2 years of mad MBA type fun you're gonna have!! :D
Stay happy.. TC

Swetank Gupta said...

Cool pics, dude!
(To be honest, haven't read the post yet. Will. Soon.)

Subhadip said...

Ha ha ... what pictures!!! What's with the sunflowers?

I think there's some serious competition for my crown there.

Karan Rajpal said...

Have to learn the zoom burst amongst other things. Venky's photo caption was hilarious.

I think we've met now. Only about just.

R said...

I'm really curious about the zoom burst now. Gotta read about it.
And well, the campus at least looks great!

That Girl said...

You seem to be having fun :) Love the sunflower pic!

RB said...

Ishani
Oh.. that feeling! I am glad it's a little far for me. But you cherish every moment too. :-)

Swetank
Hehe.. thanks.

Subhadip
Sunflowers nahi, zerberas hain. I buy a couple for my room everytime I go to the city.
No competition for you. Aapki space intact hai.

Karan
:)

Yea, just about met. :)

Rohit
Do read. It's fun. Saw some real cool stuff done with it by others.

Campus is super pretty without a doubt.

Amiya
:D