Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Update

This is of days dedicated to sleep, laziness, juices, socializing, Orkutting, and a little bit of craft-work! :P

Oh yes, standing in front of the mirror to admire my new hairstyle too! Heee...
Seriously, if you're in South Delhi, you must check out Harry and Shanti's at South Ex. The man who did my hair is Kamal. The place has been a better experience than the Meghnas and the Madonnas of Green Park. Much better! Imagine, my friend who accompanied me there loved what happened to my hair so much that she got hers cut as well. :D

D day is coming closer and as time is passing, I'm more scared than excited. An all-new world, new people, new place, new routine....the thought is scary! I'm trying not to think too much though. Just hoping to take it all as it comes.

I went to Dilli Haat after really long last night and they've erected a weird information console in the middle of nowhere. The fruit beer was too sweet, the chat was too sweet, and it was a not-nice experience. Plus, another friend did not let me buy some chunky jewellery that I liked 'coz apparently it was not worth the price and also that I need to reduce my expenses on 'such' things as I will spend more than half my days in formals now. :|

Not that you don't probably already know, but the heat has gotten REAL bad in the last 3 days! I don't feel like stepping out of my house, so the idea of playing becomes even more far-fetched. Craving for some badminton! :(

Oh, by the way, since we're on the topic of good and bad things happening around, now Gulati's at Pandara Road is also not as great as it used to be. In vegetarian food, its specialty for me was the dal makhani. It served the best dal in town! But it was so bloody ordinary last week that I wondered why we were paying so much!! A dhaba near my bro's office makes better dal!
So I'm not going there again.
Speaking of food, Bengali Sweets in South Ex serves amazing Chinese food. Yes, you got that right! We took the risk of ordering that kind of food in that kind of a restaurant but it turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. Was actually better than what I'd had at Bercos a day before that!

On a non-serious note, I think Bisleri mixes some intoxicating stuff in its water. This past Sunday, the more water I had, the more I felt and acted drunk. I know, sad that I was getting high on water but even so! I'd planned not to dance at a family function ('coz of the heat again) but who was I kidding. Not only did I dance, I danced non-stop like crazy! With cousins, with chachis and tais, and alone too! Danced away from the dance floor as well - where the food was being served. I'd completely lost it. And that same intoxication made me completely check out this superhot guy (who, by the way, is married!). Really! Tall, fair, handsome, awesome dancer, and just super-duper hot! Sources tell me that he's even done some modelling. Bloody! Married he is!!
But I still had some fun with him thanks to some distant aunt of mine. :P
Although, I still don't know his name; you don't need that on dance floors. :D

And now I'm out of stories to narrate. So until next time, bbyeee!!! :-)


5 comments:

Butterfly said...

ME FIRST!
What exactly do u mean by D-Day? New job or something?
Whatever it is, Best of Luck!!
As for hairstyle, I haven't cut my hair since last October. I actually like long hair. My hair's quite long too. But, the problem is that it has become very thin owing to dandruff.:-(
And, it's very hot even here. Here, it is also very humid.

That Girl said...

Oh what gorgeous weather it is!
Looooovely. Brilliant! AWESOME!!
I feel like going out and dancing in the rain.
So why don't I?
Good question. Well, moms are such killjoys, sigh.

Okay, coming to your post now.

I was wondering why no post about new hairstyle! And why no new post at all, for that matter. Guess you've been too busy being lazy to update.

I think I'd rather exchange your kinda scared-excited feelings for my... what, confused no-clue static (yeah, STATIC's the word, finally got something close enough) ones. At least you have something sure to look forward to, and I'm sure it's going to be great. And I'm not saying it just for the heck of it, I sure. From the talk we had about it that day, and from a general feeling about the kinda place it seems to be and the kinda life it'll give you. A NEW one, isn't that exciting. More exciting than scary, for sure. Or maybe it's just that 'other people' always find changs easier & more exciting than they actually are for the person in the middle of everything :)

Still. It's new people to meet, to get to know better, to like and to bitch about :)
Sounds GOOD, I think!

Oh man, we never did go to Dilli Haat and college's over now... okay, lemme not start on that now.

Bengali sweets ka Indian chowmein (if it is what I have in mind) better than Berco's?! Hmm Berco's must've been real bad the day you guys went there, even T cribbed about it today.

And you always end up with the best losing-it-while-dancing stories! :)


PS: Loooong one, again.

RB said...

Sinini
Yay! You first! :-)

Yes, D-Day means new job.
Thanks for the wishes. :)

I hadn't cut my hair since last September but they were still short. I've never been able to grow them too long. But you take care of the dandruff, long hair look very pretty.

Hot and humid? Oh, that's bad. It just rained here a while ago but it's not humid. July and August get hot and humid in Delhi. The weather sucks more that time.

Amiya
Heheee...
I got to get wet 'coz I went till the entrance of my block to cover Mom with an umbrella (she was coming back from work). FUNN!
But 'killjoys'! Lmao!

Yeah, new people and everything is all exciting but scary phir bhi hai. But I know it's temporary, will be cool soon enough. I just hope the place lives up to its reputation.

Yes, college's over and Dilli Haat never happened. Why don't you guys come over after the 24th. Oh but you're going, right? But please, let's try to if we can. Some day in the evening. Before all of us get down to work and before these guys leave Delhi. Bolo?

You know, it wasn't "Bengali Sweets ka Indian chowmein" type food. I'm not kidding. It was proper Chinese! Ask Saumya, she'll tell you! Even the manchurian was good.
But yeah, Berco's was just SAD that day! Situation kuch waisi hi ho gayi jaise Saumya told us how one of her friends had a sundae at Nirula's and said that Traffic Jam was better. :D

And yeah, I think I almost always lose it while dancing. Nothing new then, I guess. :P

PS: Even longer one! :-)

MeMyself_n_I said...

all the best for the new job! and oooo new hairdo! i'm dying to get a haircut too, but i'm trying my hardest to hold out till july, for my uncle's wedding. *sob*
and hehehe, hitting on a married guy!!!! no shame, aajkal ki ladkiyaan, i tell you. :-p

RB said...

Tania
Hey thanks!

Oh, for a moment I thought you're saying July 'coz college will reopen then. But...ok! :D

I wasn't hitting on him! Don't distort the facts. I was just quietly checking him out. :P