Saturday, May 01, 2010

O Koi Gal Nai!

It is a little funny, but almost irritating to count the number of functions in a punju family wedding and figure each time that you're still short on clothes even after having shopped like crazy! When the wedding was scheduled for April and was going to clash with my end sem exams, I had done my share of shopping when I had come home in winters, having only accessories left to be done later. When I came home this time, we figured there were a few other occasions for which I need more clothes. So I shopped more. And today, when one of my excited-for-the-wedding aunts was over to talk about all the preparation, we figured that I am still short of one suit. Reaching the point of being slightly irritated with the whole jazz, I thought I'd just stroll into Dilli Haat and see if I can find something there so that I could get done with it asap! The first stall I stopped at had a gorgeous gold coloured suit. It was all gold, and yet very sophisticated. But I decided to walk around a little more to see the available options. And I landed at another store which had authentic punjabi phulkari dupattas. Now let me tell you that even though phulkari is supposed to be only thread work, these artisans can make such incredibly pretty clothes out of it that you won't believe your eyes. And you know I have always been the more silk/threadwork kinda person as against shiny sequins stuff. But sometimes (when it is your own brother getting married) you are compelled to buy the brighter stuff because you cannot afford to look under-dressed. Bleh. So I got so confused between the two that I came home empty-handed. [New feat achieved in my shopping history - coming home without anything in spite of it being a need-based shopping outing AND me finding more than one thing worth my money!!]

"Kisi friend ki shaadi pe kaam aa jayega."
Now quickly tell me which one of you is getting married soon enough for me to go back and buy that gold thing so that I can wear it to your wedding!!

7 comments:

RB said...

And Swati is amused!!
:D

SS said...

Hahahahaa :D

~ ॐ ~ said...

I have come back emtpy handed so many times that I cannot even remember!!!

all of them need based shopping projects (I mostly do not shop anyway)

and that Golden suit! itna hi achcha tha to le le!

RB said...

Erm, haan, generally toh mere saath bhi hota hai woh. But ye thoda time-bound bhi hai na. :)

Btw, I did go back and get that suit. :D

SS said...

Just saw tweet about Eve's. When are you going to Eve's next?

RB said...

I think that would be this Wednesday. Why?

SS said...

I live very close to M block. If you'll be there post 7.30pm then give me a call. We can finally meet. :)