Tuesday, December 22, 2009

You've Seen This Before

While there is still close to a week left for the year to end, I want to write about the year that has almost gone by because I have started making my new year eve plans. So let's get to the custom of listing it all out.

# Life's second moment of hysteria happened early this year. More emotional stress than I could handle.

# Travelled to Jamshedpur from Pune to meet Shady who used to be

# Met Subhadip in Kolkata

# Started playing badminton after many years

# Travel ventures began with Ajanta and Ellora. And I covered everything from rock sculptures and paintings to river rafting in the mountains to frolicking on a beach on a rainy day to playing under waterfalls in the hills to a quiet lakeside evening to a drive to a beautiful dam followed by an awesome fort as well. A tiny wildlife sanctuary is on my list too. :-)

- So it was a first view of the sea
- A first dip in a river
- A first lakeside moment
- A first waterfall experience
- A first of a dam during rains
- A first walk on clouds in a fort
- AND a first of the wildlife

# Travel to Chandigarh to meet grandparents is definitely a separate point

# Holi brought my first rain dance experience

# Break-up happened and I became my cynical worst after that

# Got the fourth piercings in the ears

# Experienced working with a chauvinist

# It was one of the most volatile years of friendships

# I bought my first dress

# Got drunk for the first time

# Ran a marathon

# Bhaiya got engaged!
# Bought the perfect red saree I had dreamt of for a decade, for bhaiya's wedding
# More of ultrasounds and related crap

# Siddhartha passed away

# Bought a new lens with my own money

# Invested in a photograph for a good cause

# Made a perfect wall

# Dev D's music was one the biggest forms of madness ever!

# And so was Delhi 6

# Missed a flight

# Lived the thrill of having a Costa Coffee in Pune for the longest time!

# I contested and lost elections in college

# Experienced guilt like never before

# My first plant died

# Did political PR

# Voted in general elections for the first time

# Watched somebody I loved fall in love with someone else. Twice over.

# Made a little trip on Delhi's local trains

# Watched way too many movies on my laptop

# Got associated with one of the biggest brands in the world

# Attended a santoor vadan concert of Rahul Sharma's

# Saw Shah Rukh Khan :P

# Started loving peanut butter

# Sinus pains went beyond tolerance levels

# Had a man tell me I'm perfect

# Fell out of love with Nike for Woman

# Watched theatre

# Became more rude, arrogant and intolerant

# Broke my laptop's keypad in anger

# Laughed through many days too.

I am sure I am forgetting more things. I'll come back and update this list. Until then, spend some time in writing out comments. :D

4 comments:

Jayant said...

Wow, I haven't been here in the LONGEST time!

Am SO jealous of your travels - geez, all that in one year! :O

You contested elections in college?? We sure have lost touch, haven't we!

Sam to sam for Dev D. Dunno if it helped me through a tough time or made things worse. Either way, even after almost a year, it still strikes a chord with me.

Umm...who's Siddhartha?

RB said...

Wow! You really are visiting after a long time!

I used to tell people that I am jealous of all the travelling they do. And today I have your comment here. It's really a lot of effort to make it happen, but worth every moment of it. But then I am sure you're doing a lot of other things that I'm unable to do. So. :-)

Hahaa.. yes, a little out of touch. That was in February.

I know what you mean! My experience with Dev D music was similar.

Siddhartha was a friend from school days. He lived near my home.

b. said...

Again coming here after ages...

But this list is awesome!! Every time the year ends I see a list like that and I wonder how big is the opportunity cost :P

Solid plans to start a new blog this year...let us see!!

RB said...

Wow! I am honoured. The oldies are coming back. :-)

Hahaa.. somebody's learning their eco, I see.

Looking forward to seeing a new blog from you. Good luck!