Wednesday, December 23, 2009

'Pool of Watery Images'

The previous post made me realise that most of my outings this year were water-related. The almost-rough monsoon waves of the Arabian Sea, the mighty Ganga, the only reservoir meeting normal capacity levels this year - Khadakvasla Dam, cold water at Tamhini Ghat, and the incredibly serene Mulshi Lake. The one thing that links all these trips for me is rain. While the trip to Rishikesh in May saw random summer rain, all other trips were made in the Western Ghats and around the Konkan belt during the monsoons between June and August. The drawback is the unexciting sky in pictures that I managed between any given two spells of rain.

I am still to see a white sand beach. If things work out fine, I might visit one before the end of this year. Keeping fingers crossed!


It took time learning how to handle an approaching wave

Srivardhan was a clay soil beach

It stopped raining towards the end of day and all of us went almost crazy with our cameras

A group of fisherman passed by in the evening


This was Khadakvasla. Rains were at their heaviest worst. And so was the traffic. I only managed to click from inside our moving car.



The cloud cover which was more of a carpet at the Sinhagarh Fort that I visited the same day

Mulshi Lake was the most spontaneous and fun drive ever. Planned and executed in a snap, this was a perfect little trip I managed to be part of!


And did I have fun or what!



My first petrified dip in the ice-cold water at Rishikesh, and the water went up my nose. :|



And the 23rd birthday at Tamhini Ghat with friends!



I hope I manage to continue this new beginning over the coming years as well.

2 comments:

Quarter Dadu said...

I will only reply to the last line of your post - Amen!

RB said...

:) Amen! Let's hope we manage to make at least one or two of those together before finishing college.