Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back Off!

It does not necessarily have to be true that I'm the only confused person around. Some doctors are too. No offense, they're well qualified and all of that, but how am I to lose weight if I am telling you that I cannot even walk? I'm asking for a cure for the problem that's causing me trouble walking, and you're saying that you lose weight and your problem will be taken care of. Also, you can take this medicine which might probably increase your weight. Phew!

Ok, let's calm down. We need to take more medicineS for the next one month. Physiotherapy did not help after all. Landed me up in that creepy machine that does the MRI scan too. It was a funny experience! It had three basic phases - one where everything is quiet, and you just feel cold air floating around you. The second is when there are all kinds of sounds being produced - I noticed that some of them went like zoing zoing zoing, and yippee yippee yippee. Please don't mistake them for something funny...their intensity was quite creepy and these were only the underlying sounds. All was fine until this phase. Then came the one where everything started vibrating. Whoa! Vibrations PLUS the noise. For a moment I felt like pressing the emergency alarm because the gear that was around my head and ears was closing in on me. And the man there had warned me of every experience I might have inside, but not that. But it's official, I am a brave girl. I did not interrupt the process. Also, I was only slightly claustrophobic, and I hear that that much is normal for anyone who gets that test done. So I'm fine. Yay.

Went back to the doc after getting the test done yesterday. One thing's for sure...I am completely sick and tired of WAITING! Bloody! For every goddamn thing I'm being made to wait so much nowadays. Anyway. So I got lots of tablets and capsules prescribed for the next one month. And it got decided that I will commit a random murder (of the first non-nice person that comes in front of me) if things don't get better.
Came back home to generally read up about my symptoms and the medicines on Google. Found a website with a forum only for people who have back pain. It was kinda amusing to see such a thing online even though I know that one can find absolutely anything under the sun on the internet. And people's signatures had their symptoms listed. Real funny stuff! :-)

Anyway. Got one exam left to go. Really hoping for it to go well. So wish me luck. And I'll see you soon. Tada!! :-)

4 comments:

~ Deeps ~ said...

good luck lady :)
get well soon and work hard :)

That Girl said...

Yes, getting MRIs is a weird feeling but kinda cool after it's done :) Take care and hope you feel much better soon... whatever's happened to you vaise?
And good luck!

Empress of Blandings said...

hey
randomly came across your blog, i really like the way you write. but what i find really interesting is the stuff i have in common with you
1. i am a girl
2. am an economics student(xaviers, bombay)
3. a disillusioned IMS student
4. had my first failed attempt at CAT and the rest of the bunch
5. LOVE the khoya khoya chand song

RB said...

DK
Thank you. :-)

Amiya
Yeah, I was so proud of myself after it was over.
Some space has gotten compressed between two of my vertebrae and so there's a nerve that is getting pressed and I'm also at a risk of slip(ped) disc.
Thanks hai waise. :-)

Anushree
Hey!
Thanks for the comment and for dropping by. :-)