Saturday, January 19, 2008

Of mood extremes and sanity

As the 20th days of the month, and of the new year rolls in, I realise for the nth time that my blog has not seen anything happy this year. Not that I have seen anything particularly happy myself, but this one's being tortured.

Aside: I am feeling that I'm being tortured too. I want to yell, and I want to write here that I got a frikkin 98.2 percentile in XAT but my goddamn favourite subject - yeah yeah MATHEMATICS - let me down one more time. I do not have an interview call from XLRI, and am not expecting anything from the other institute that I have applied to either! T says that at least I proved that I am smart. When asked, 'to whom?', he says, 'to yourself'. I think if I could shove this information down my readers' throats, I must have done it by now anyway. I did not need two years of MBA entrances to prove that to myself. Never mind, he was just being nice. It's only me who's losing it. Or maybe, I am imagining, this is the failure story of a star of 2030. When she'll be interviewed then, she will tell the world about it. Don't you think so too? All famous stars do have one such story behind them. :P

Coming back. Something happy. Flickr.com is keeping me happy. My increased activity and interaction there will tell that I am happy.
Ok happy is a difficult topic for today. Let's move to sanity. No prizes for guessing - my friends are keeping me sane. There are some asses who piss me off too, but right now we're focusing on happy friends. Here's one for example. My little bitch. :-)

She was in a pair of shorts with a strange print when I first met her eleven years ago. She did have the prettiest eyes though. She also helped me with my english speaking skills. You know, my personal Rapidex english speaking course. :D But she could not help me with handling water colours. I think she had a sadistic motive behind that. She wanted to tell her friends while watching Taare Zameen Par that I can't paint. That's the moment she schemed for. Now I know. But then she did teach me how to sit like a girl. Haan, I needed to be taught that. Having a brother at home never helps in such things, y'know. She tried teaching me integration (maths...ugh!) too. Ha! That ended at the word 'tried' only. But honestly, I am not so bad at maths. I am confident that I'll be able to teach my kid(s). It's just these stupid exams that fuck my happiness!

Ok let's not digress. Don't you wanna know what all I taught her? I taught her how to clean her glasses, and the need to keep them clean. That when I myself did not wear specs. Hmm. I also taught her how to say 'screw the world, I don't care' and mean it at the same time. Don't judge me - according to blogthings I am only 83% sensitive. Rest of the times I do let the world climb a pole. :D Another thing - she didn't know how to use public transport. Her mom trusted me with it, and that is how I managed permissions for us to go out. Oh, we both taught each other how to participate in a cold war too. It lasted a couple of months. It sucks, not advised for my readers.

Ohhh... one of the most important feats that is part of our friendship -- even though she is half, no 2/3rds of my weight, she used to carry me around as pillion on her bicycle. It was always scary, but a lot of fun! :-)

I think I can go on and on, but there is a lot of work that I need to complete before I go to sleep, so I shall stop here. I can only say that it has been incredible growing up with this beautiful woman. She's one of the most important loves of my life.
As always, she helped my mood right now too. Just shows that she does not even need to be physically present to be able to make me feel better. :-)

God bless her...

3 comments:

Reeta Skeeter said...

98.2 percentile
sahi!
:)

Butterfly said...

Maths has got this habit of letting a person down....
Even then, 98.2 percentile is not a matter of joke!Well Done!:-)

Your friend really is beauitful.And, the last few lines of this post are equally beautiful.:-)

RB said...

Reeta
:-)

Sinjini
Thank you. :-)

Yep, she's very beautiful. :-)