Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Thing(s)

A kind of a New Year beginning in a week’s time, I am itching to do my customary new-year post today, so making it an excuse and going ahead with it right away.

# I tasted failure on the second day of the year. And I am quite proud of myself to have taken it in my stride.

# I got more piercings.

# Ran away on the day of my grand mom’s funeral.

# Got a job, left it too.

# Made new friends.

# Laughed every day (without fail) for three months.

# Got interested in photography big time!

# Got a lot of material things with my own hard-earned money.

# Gathered the courage and the sense to take a big risk.

# Got hospitalized again.

# Went live on radio.

# Got a byte on TV too.

# Came on a poster as well.

# Met Nitin, talked to the COO of MEOW too. :P

# Saw Abhishek Bachchan get married, and now hearing news of Aishwarya being pregnant with his kid. :(

# Continued my Delhi sightseeing alone.

# Experienced jealousy.

# Re-learned how to drive, got my first UNFAIR challan too.

# Spent about a month with barely talking to any friend.

# Also, spent hours together (as always) with some of the nicest people on this earth.

# Been more short-tempered than I probably ever was.

# Worked for something like 12 hours non-stop – that, of course, being my record so far. :)

# Became unbelievably comfortable with, what’s up?, dude!, fucker, and so forth. :D

# Got a pseudo denture, something called “night guard” from my dentist. This is because I grind my teeth too much in sleep. Pff!

# Fell in love with the treadmill.

# Got a tiny little crush too. Really, too tiny, but super-duper cute and charming! ;-)

# Travelled alone in the city at 10 in the night! Scary! :O

# Had my first party where I was out till beyond mid-night. But it was also, probably, the worst party I have ever attended.

# Adored little kids more than I ever have, and more than I ever thought I would at this age.

# Defect of the eyes has still not stabilized: 0.25 more for each eye. :/

# I am more proficient at computer/keyboard usage than I ever was. This office taught me a lot of Ctrl+Shift+N, Ctrl+Alt+F9, and so on. I am so happy that I don’t have to use the freakin mouse much now.

# Got to know myself better, became stronger, more sensible, more focused, and maybe more in-your-face [:P] too.

It has been a fairly good calendar year so far. I have had my share of ups and downs, success and failure, challenges and struggle, and in spite of the cribbing, I am quite content and happy in life. I realize that most things here are relative, and you have to have the right perspective to understand the world around you and to remain sane. So what if friends have found jobs that keep them happy, so what if other friends are where you want to be, so what if the crush’s girl friend has a better body! It’s all cool. I will get what I am supposed to get, I am at peace with what I (don’t) have right now [:)], and will hopefully be at peace with what I get in future too. :-)

Feeling better, much better. Adios!

14 comments:

R said...

I've always enjoyed reading these bullet posts you make.
Left your job? :O
So your Meow-ed eh? (I'm guessing)

That Girl said...

Oh cool, one of 'those' posts again! Itching to read it but I'll have to come back to it in a while, got something to do right now... leavin this comment cuz I left another one on a previous post just now so didnt want you to think I missed this one or something. I think I think too much. Okay later.

Subhadip said...

Amen!

No mention of your new camera? And you ignored my suggestion: get a boxing mouthpiece instead of the "night-guard" from your dentist!

That Girl said...

Okay, I'm back. Again, emphasis on the point that I absolutely love these posts of yours. So it's a thumbs up from me for all kinds of 'excuses', as you put it, to make such posts.

Failure kya?

What piercings? Oh, your nose kya? Okay, I'm a bit muddled here, what's the time frame of these points that you recollect? As far back as the past one year (speaking b'day to b'day)?

Ash is pregnant? Where did you get that from? I haven't heard of it!

The adore kids part - cool! :-)

Do gimme tips on all these keyboard shortcuts when we meet next, okay.

And a "Great!" to the last bullet point. Keep at it.

RB said...

Rohit
I've always enjoyed them too. :P
Yep, left my job.

I didn't Meow, did talk to the same guy though. Was kinda fun. :)

Amiya
How sweet. :)

Subhadip
:)

Woh photography mein sab kuch aa gaya na. Naya camera, photoblog, pictures, and so on. :D
And boxing mouthpiece? Bhej do phir birthday pe. Kar lete hain try. Ok?

Amiya
Okay, great to see you back!! :D
I love it when you guys love these posts of mine. Mmuuah! :)

Failure: CAT score.

Piercings in the ears yaar. Got them in March this year.
This is the Jan-Aug 2007 wala year.

I heard the news on radio, saw it in Delhi Times too. I so hope it's not true yet.

:-)

Keyboard shortcuts tips...pakka! Done!

And thanks. Hopeful. :-)

R said...

Oh.. preparing to meow the CAT now, being at home?

~ Deeps ~ said...

i like the last part of the post (relative) and peace with urself most.......goood if u have moulded urself in that kind of thinking early on........

so u didnt meowed, how sad :D

Unknown said...

"Laughed every day (without fail) for three months."
I wish you many more such three months.

Silver Mist said...

I restate what Ami said, LOVE these bullet point wala posts. They bring so much perspective in your life. WISH I could do something like that.

Hmmmm, brilliant year you've had man! Apart from a few minor setbacks, everything seems pretty smooth.
And even those set backs helped you gain better stuff only.

EG: Bad CAT score leading to work, new environment, awesome learning and those 3 laughter filled months. :D

RB said...

Rohit
Can we please do without that 'meow' word?

DK
:-)
Thanks.

Sad thodi hai...maine usko tab bhi bola that he can't make me meow. :D

Woodsmoke
Thank you.

Silver Mist
:D :D
I love you!!

Yes, the year's been quite nice. And you're right...these posts help me get my thoughts straight. And they're fun too. :D

Pravin said...

:)

Butterfly said...

More piercings....
And, you know what, the piercings in my ears have got blocked! I'll have to get my ears pierced again.
"Got a lot of material things with my own hard-earned money."
Now, that's something to be really proud of.:-)
What do Ctrl+Shift+N and Ctrl+Alt+F9 do?

Jayant said...

Ooh, I like these ones. :D

Saw Abhishek Bachchan get married, and now hearing news of Aishwarya being pregnant with his kid. :( LMAO!! :D :D

I used those keyboard shortcuts and nothing happened. :-/

So what if friends have found jobs that keep them happy, so what if other friends are where you want to be Every job has its downside. I'm glad you've got the right perspective on the issue. :)

I'll be looking forward to more of such lists.

RB said...

Pravin
:-)

Sinjini
Oops...blocked piercings can be a pain! Get them done again soon.

Yes, earning and spending is a real cool feeling!

Ctrl+Shift+N is to go to a specific page number when you have something like a big pdf file to go through.
Ctrl+Alt+F9 is to refresh a complete excel workbook.
Hope this helps you some day too. :-)

Jayant
:-)
Are you happy that she is pregnant? Thoda sa mil ke sad hote hain yaar. Nahi?

You gotta be using excel or pdf for those shortcuts to work.

I'm smart, haina? :D
And, I think, drunk too. Maybe it was the paneer.