Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Yeah, I'm Free!

However deep the shit you’re in may be, there are some things that always take care of you. For the loss of 6 hours of urgent deadline work, an incredible project manager who stays at work till 1:00 a.m. to complete your work; for a sudden problem with your defective body, an ultra nice instructor at the gym; for career blues, nice older friends to advise; and for a fatigued mind, a not-so-new hobby of clicking pictures.
After getting over my disappointment of not getting the camera that I wanted, and still trying to understand the camera that I have got (and in the process fucking up some nice shots), I got back to clicking left, right and centre. Reminds me of the times when I used to shove my cam into all my friends’ faces in college or things around them and irritate them to the core! :-)

So, a little bit of nature, a little bit of culture, and a bit of random stuff makes up for a week of jpg files in my bag.

Yes, you will get to see most of it. :-)

Starting in reverse order, here I present the pictures that I clicked today. It’s Independence Day tomorrow, so I have been ‘in the mood’ since morning. Our regular petrol pump was beautifully decorated this morning, and I asked one of the guys there if they’re selling balloons n all too. They didn’t, but he gave me three balloons (you guess the colours) and I realized that it has been several years since I last phulaoed (lot of people heard this word in office today :P) a balloon.

At the entrance of my building :D

Made some colleagues pose too. :D


The fact that I worked for long hours yesterday, and that the border would have been a problem to cross after 5 p.m., we left early today and I thought of paying a visit to Dilli Haat. It’s a delight to see it during festive time. And Teej is celebrated in a big way here. There was dance, there was mehandi, and there were all kinds of food.
I went in, bought the bangles that I’d been wanting to since morning, clicked a lot of pictures, and felt happy!

Tiranga!!




The hippest and the most colourful drummer!




Jalebiii!!! :D




The most comfortable and flexible dancer! This smiling, friendly guy happily posed with the not-so-pretty lady, himself took my camera from my hands, showed it to all his friends, and very nicely handed it back. Fun!!! :-)


Before this, on Sunday, I ventured out into the green world and found...


Fuchsia? ;-)

Day & Night...on the same stem


The rest of the pictures are on my Flickr page. Hope to see you there too! :-)

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!
JAI HIND!

9 comments:

~ Deeps ~ said...

MF :)

freedom indeed.........very nice pics and good to see u experimenting :)

i dont like people who work so late.....its a sign of inefficiency and bad planning....period.........god help ur pm :)

happy independence day to u too :)

Silver Mist said...

Oh you look so happy! Awesome pictures!
Love the bangles one! It's brilliant!


HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!! :D

That Girl said...

You told me about the project manager, he does seem incredibly nice!
The bangles look great.
And the enthu dancer + 'not so pretty' lady make for a good pic :)

Happy independence day to you too!

That Girl said...

The bangles, though, the way you clicked them, are in the reverse order :-/

Subhadip said...

Nice shots!

R said...

I really really like the drummer's picture!

MeMyself_n_I said...

oh excellent post! loved it.
n brilliant photos.

a very happy independance day to you. :-)

Butterfly said...

Yup..Happy Independence Day!
I had jalebis on Independence Day too.:-)
The best photo was that of the smiling guy with the not-so-pretty lady.
Btw,the previous picture of urself on this blog was better.

RB said...

DK
YF! :)

Thank you very much...good to receive appreciation from you.

Well, current state of my office is only due to a very serious resource crunch. People are not left with options. My PM is too sweet.

Silver Mist
Thank you thank you!!! Very happy. :)

Amiya
Thanks yaa...
I know that the bangles pic is from a wrong angle. Realised it much later. Sorry. :/

Subhadip
Thanks.

Rohit
Thanks, me too.

Tania
Thanks!!! :)

Sinjini
Oh great! I didn't have any jalebis...I just clicked those guys. Maybe I should have.

Thanks for liking the picture. And well, as far as my picture is concerned...umm...maybe I'll change this in some time too. Ok? :)