Saturday, August 25, 2007

Wondering....


I saw this in a school recently. There was something odd about the statement that struck me then and I have been wondering ever since what it is really supposed to mean. A half-conclusion that a friend and I reached upon was that in case of something negative, it is better for a child to get approval so that he/she does not develop inferiority complex. But, how is it supposed to act positively (as one of those many other things that go into development) for a kid? I don't remember when I stopped seeking approval, and how things used to be when I was a kid. Therefore, I ask you. Do you agree with this statement? If yes, why? Can you explain the phenomenon to me too?

3 comments:

Butterfly said...

ME FIRST!

Butterfly said...

I don't know really.:-(
But, I think it means that a child should always be praised for something he/she does. Something which the child feels is extraordinary. Thus, he may just like himself/herself.Will just become confident, I guess.

RB said...

Sinjini
Hmmm...maybe.