Sunday, January 17, 2010

Random tales this January

This deserved a mention a month back - when I came back to campus for this term, I had two people giving me Fuchsia presents. While Ruhi gave me a kurta that has fuchsia flowers on it, Priyam got me a perfume that's named Fuchsia. Now that's what we call branding! :D :D

__

I love Marks & Spencer for the formals they make! And I cannot emphasise on this point enough. It's as if the rest of the world believes that I come from a different planet with a strange body type. M&S took my measurements while I was sleeping and came out with size 14!
God bless them!

I also got stranded in the basement of a mall today. Why? Arshad Varsi and Vidya Balan were there to promote Ishqiya, and people were going berserk. I didn't even see Vidya Balan. Just heard people go Vidya 'jiiiii'! But this is one movie I am looking forward to. I just hope that it's as good as the movies that Vishal Bhardwaj directs himself.

I watched Toy Story 1 and 2 (3D) today. Yes, I am graduating slowly. From hating animation to loving Sid to finding parts of these movies quite funny, I like the initiation of the process. :D

This guy was entertaining!


___

Sometimes I think I am emotionally very stupid. I feel disconnected from a lot of people who are genuinely nice to me. That, I believe, is a cause and consequence of my obsession with the handful of people I like to like. And it's not like I don't like this other set of people, but I can't go around loving-shoving them. It becomes awkward at times.

I almost cannot live without Avantika, Prashant and Sahil today. All three for different reasons. But looking at my past I so know that these sets of people also keep changing as life changes. Today, even imagining not having them around gives me the chills. But there are so many other people also I have had to get over. People I loved just as much. Ok, I don't know why I am writing this!
___

I am finally slightly comfortable with Pune roads. Now I can figure routes a tad bit better. It's annoying to imagine that it took me so long considering that I like to believe that I am fairly decent with navigation. But you know that I live in a village outside of the city, right?

___

Lohri this year was just as much fun as last year. The campus comes to life with all the punjabi tracks and dance!


I was just thinking that I looked exactly the same as I did on Lohri last year. Not fun! Suggested makeover?

___

Taking somebody's advice and going to sleep a little early today. So, until next post... tada!! :-)

4 comments:

P. said...

Now that you did mention it, you are looking very much like you did on your last Lohri. Just that this year's attire was WAY too flashy =p

I think the hair needs a change.

Also, am glad you enjoyed bits of Toy Story. There is a universe of brilliant animated movies waiting to be introduced to you. If you ever feel like, just ping!

RB said...

Fuck you, flashy!

I agree on the hair bit. A nice fringe, maybe?

Shall ping. Let the walk to remember pass. :-)

Jayant said...

You watched Toy Story 2! Me want to! :(

And sheesh, you hated animation?? Like, really?? Why? Why would anyone hate animated movies?

RB said...

Erm, maybe not hate, but stuff other than Disney-Pixar still puts me off. And I always found cartoons highly boring. Yes, shoot me! :-)

So much for growing up watching rugby, football, golf, WWE, etc on ESPN-Star!