Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Experience of a Lifetime

Here on campus we have a culture of screening movies in the auditorium every week. They range from award-winning work to popular stuff from across the globe. As you may expect, the popular stuff always has a bigger audience (including me).

This week's movie was Andaz Apna Apna. Social media got exploited in the best form - what with people's status messages on Facebook buzzing and the college intranet having constant updates too.

The auditorium regularly sees full occupancy because of random mandatory seminars. Seminars through which we nicely sleep. But the movie experience is different. The last time I saw madness there was during the screening of Dev D.

But last night...
The auditorium was almost full. People got packs of chips to eat through the screening. We had early dinner to ensure that we're there on time. Usually screenings begin at 10 p.m., but Hindi movies begin earlier because the hostel deadline of midnight needs to be factored in.

Aamir Khan's entry on the bicycle, Juhi Chawla's adaayein, Salman Khan's 'uyi ma', Aamir's 'hayi la', Crime Master Gogo's ghagra, just the name Bhalla, Teja's 'humara Bajaj', and almost every single scene with the audience delivering the dialogues in chorus, had us all in splits!
We sang along throughout. Be it
'do mastane chale zindagi banane', or 'ye raat aur ye doori', people knew every word with every sound effect!!

Karisma Kapoor's wardrobe was also a unique laughter point in itself. Phew!

This white thing even had pockets! :D :D

I don't remember a movie experience as crazy as this one! And I am sure nothing in future could beat it either. Some things are never to be missed. I am so glad I went for this one! :-)

7 comments:

SS said...

khi khi khi...funny post!

this is strange..
know what just this morning I was remembering some of my fav hindi films including Andaaz apna apna...both me and my cousin kept cracking jokes(dialogues) from the movie...and my domestic help was amused becoz i kept addressing her as 'tilu' all morning.. :D

Jas B said...

Such a funny movie...funniest movie ever. Can you imagine that although I had heard of it I hadn't seen it. :O
I eventually saw it this December...courtesy of a special friend!

~ ॐ ~ said...

Andaz Apna Apna is a good movie good movie!

Is movie se mera Amar Prem hai Amar Prem hai!

RB said...

Rhapsody,
That's a funny coincidence! :)
Tiluuu!! Hee hee! Loved it, man!!

Jas,
I am SO happy for you now that you've seen it!! :-)

OM,
Kya hua bhai? :)

GameSetCatch said...

seen it 24 times and counting, if I have time tonight..it will be quarter century with a vodka quarter :)

RB said...

Niice!! Did the 25th screening happen?

P. said...

My vote to this post!!

My vote to Rahul Kumar, the organiser of the event which had the largest voluntary audience in the history of SIMC!

'Gogo Ji aapka Ghagra' is by far the funniest dialogue ever written!

=D