Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Monarchy of My Mind

I slept so late last night that I ended up missing the flag hoisting on campus, and later lunch at a friend's home.

It was a standard day spent alone in the room - first the loop, then some job hunt, some almonds, more of the loop, more sleep, and more of the loop. Then I stepped out for some time in the evening for food, and was soon back to my laptop, music, and non-sense.

I know I have been rather inactive on my Flickr page, but the fact that my pro account subscription expired earlier in the month was killing me. So finally I got off the idea of living with it for a few more months and called my brother to renew it for me. Cheap, but happiness!!!!!

I also watched the new 'phir mile sur mera tumhara' videos. Few things...
1. Why did the makers try so hard to mix everything?
2. I could not figure why the music could not be arranged better.
3. What the fuck happened to Deepika Padukone in it?!
4. If there were Shahid Kapur and Ranbir Kapoor, why wasn't Abhay Deol there?
5. How did Sachin Tendulkar go missing!
6. I liked seeing Amaan Ali, Ayaan Ali, Rahul Sharma, and Anoushka Shankar in it.
7. But really, why so much of Bollywood?
8. The grandeur they tried to show was missing.

Bottomline: it did not give me goosebumps like the original one did!

I went to youtube to look for the old one right after watching this, and ALL the latest comments on the video indicated the exact same sentiment of wanting to watch it after going through over 16 minutes of randomness.

__

My constantly changing status messages on Gtalk today:
I need a job.xlsx
For it's a file that is always open on my system now.

'Kutte bhi bechare hi pasand aate hain!'
My
universal love for vulnerability

Welcome back to the pro world, baby!!! :D
For the Flickr Pro account I mentioned

In loving memory of the original 5!
It was a year ago that I broke the '5' key on my keypad

That's all for tonight. See you soon. Tada!!

7 comments:

Jas B said...

I love the old "Mile sur mera tumhara"...there is a new version????

I need to renew mine end of February as well!

My grandfather of a laptop (8 years old! I love it, it works better than new!) has faded keys now...the E looks like an F and the T looks like an I!!!

SS said...

I DON'T like the new Mile Sur Mera Tumahara.

Did you know that it was on January 26, 1986, that the song, 'Mile Sur Mera Tumhaara' first aired on Doordarshan and the man behind the song...the visionay was the famous ad man Late Suresh Mullick...and that Piyush Pandey,exe. chairman and NCD of Ogilvy India, worked with Mullick on this video? In fact, it was young Piyush who came up with the line, 'Mile sur mera tumhaara'. :)

SS said...

*visionary

SS said...

and just in case, you want to know more about it visit
http://www.afaqs.com/perl/news/story.html?sid=26109

RB said...

Jas,
Yes, there is a new disappointing version. :-/

Wow! 8 years is a long long time! Nice ya!

Rhapsody,
Knew parts of that. And you're clearly a media professional, what with dedicated afaqs reading! :)
What do you do?

SS said...

@Aarbee: :) Hmmm
what's your email ID?

RB said...

at your service at richabhardwaj@gmail.com :)