Saturday, December 29, 2012

Timeless

Priyam has done a series of round up posts on her blog, one of them being her 12 moments of the year through the viewfinder. So I thought I should do something similar too. I don't really have pictures as pretty as hers, but when I started browsing through the 2012 folder, I thought of doing two sets - places and people. So, here goes....  

You saw it earlier in the month, but this sunrise in Rajasthan was definitely the most beautiful one this year. 
                                                                
A numb evening with yellow lights over the river (Panjim, Goa)

Pondicherry's streets were a delight to walk through


I sat here for two hours as the sea breeze and my mind sang in harmony  (Ross Island, Andaman) 

There's nothing I haven't already said about being here. It was out of the world! (Lahaul, Himachal Pradesh)

This drive, these rains were easy to relate to because the alternative was to think about work (Odisha)

The little bubble that I live in was bursting with excitement when I went for this photo exhibition on Delhi's history

Lights and symmetry! (New Delhi)

This comes very close to the sunset that I actually experienced a day later. No company, no accessories, just me, the sea and the sun.  (Wandoor, Andaman)

Before I dozed off that afternoon (By the Bhaga river in Darcha, Lahaul)

An afternoon at a different island at Andaman. Had a damp forest behind me. Corals all around. It was the hour of reflection. (North Bay)

Liberating was the feeling!


And the people...

When Suvvir was nameless and just a few days old. Been five months already/

The palace inside Jaisalmer Fort had soo many artefacts to go through! (with Vidha)  


My moment of touristy happiness. Had just seen the sun rise on the east coast. And this was the only moment we halted inside the Sun Temple at Konark (with Anand behind the camera)

I never use people pictures for my wallpapers. This has been the only exception. (with Swetha at Deepak Taal)

Mommy!

The week that Milan and I completed a year in office (with Priyam and Vidha)

Farewells make me uncomfortable (with Daksh)
Spent some fine time in Goa with Ranjan

My dearest, most beautiful friends!

Evenings at Morrison never disappoint (with Robin, Swetha and Priyam)

From another classic evening at Morrison. Ladies night this time! (with Priyam, Milan and Vidha)

Suvvir's first Diwali with his grandparents

This took a while putting together. Hopefully, I shall only see you on the other side of the calendar now. Much love! 

2 comments:

P. said...

These are fabulous.

As always, I prefer the people pictures to the other ones - but how can one not fall love with the waters at the Andamans, the snow-capped peaks at Lahaul. Sigh.

It's been a good year, so many happy moments to cherish - Happy almost 2013, Bhardwaj.

RB said...

:) Yes, I'm counting the blessings.

Happy 2013 to zoo too! Milte hain jald hi.