Monday, December 24, 2012

Stupid!

How often do you get reprimanded by the forces that be for speaking too soon or too positively about the self? Happens with me all the time. It's eerie.

I met with an accident today. The fact that I am sitting and writing about it obviously means that it wasn't too serious. But it was nasty. Certainly the worst that I have been in. I am recalling its details in parts, hours later. The body is in pain. The super-thick overcoat saved my back. It being a crowded place had a number of people come to my rescue. 

Being alone, at that moment, freaked me out. The blow on my face was hard. Every muscle in my face felt like it was vibrating. The legs and torso hurt so much that I couldn't get up. I panicked when I figured that some part of my face was bleeding. The chill in the evening air didn't help. But the man who offered water was strong. His voice was reassuring. I almost cried to him. He quickly switched from asking me how I was  feeling to telling me that I was fine. I was on my feet by then. I think he was one of the few who lifted me.   

Neither my family, nor my friends knew where I was headed. I had only mentioned it to a colleague I met in the elevator before leaving the office building. Of course, the person I was going to meet knew, but he didn't know how I was getting there. Or which route I was taking. 

I don't know why I didn't head back home from there. I guess maybe because soon after I felt my injuries were minor. Bad decision though. I should have gone to the hospital. Not consumed alcohol. The whole right leg is blue. Bluer than the blue I could have ever imagined. I am afraid if I go to sleep it would get too stiff. I have more wounds than I realised then. I need a tetanus shot. And here I am, for the first time, regretting drinking. 

Maybe I am overreacting. Maybe I have underplayed it. Anxiety is a bitch. 


PS - I just realised that I do something stupid at the end of every year.

PPS - Merry Christmas!

No comments: