Sunday, July 17, 2011

There Is Nothing To Talk About

The smile has become smaller
The eyes have become quieter
The laughter is discretionary
The hands stay in place
White has come a lot closer to the heart
Tears never have company
The old playlist doesn't feel the same anymore
More and more decisions are need-based

I am at a stage where I think about people, not miss them. I don't need anyone except the people who are already there in my life. This thought is probably making me miss out on some good things in life, but the balance that it brings with it cannot be matched. There are only one or two people out there who would understand what this means to me, and I think they themselves now fall in the category mentioned in the first line of this paragraph. Ha. Such is life, they say.

I do miss romance in my life though. This weekend I happened to observe a few things around me which reminded me that it wasn't there. I own my popsicles. But the way I am shunning out people, they ought to be. Ha. Such is life, they say. 

I guess I will go back to enjoying the romance in my new job tomorrow morning. It makes me keep the battery charged. 

3 comments:

SS said...

"I am at a stage where I think about people, not miss them. I don't need anyone except the people who are already there in my life."
I 'so' relate with these line.

Congrats for the new job and all the very best:). Btw, Kithhey ja rahe ho?

Shreya said...

Ditto.
Except I can feel the romance and the emotion. And I'm scared of it. Cuz I might go back to not having it.

RB said...

Swati,
:) Thanks!

Shreya,
Hmm... I know that feeling.