Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dated

Dates that have memories associated with them, irrespective of whether they were good or not, make me very uncomfortable these days. 
Maybe it's the age, or maybe it's just my circle, but everyone around seems to be struggling with a change within.   How reactions to things have changed, how feelings for people have changed, and how change has forced more change. 
I used to be the obsessive woman who remembered all dates related to all things insignificant. At some level I still do, which is why the struggle, I guess. But detachment exercises have been on for a while now. And I know the truth too. 

I think I am jealous of people who are managing to go through similar phases without being cynical. And there must be few things that make me feel as pathetic about myself as this thought does. 

On an unrelated note, I think I am going to make a short trip on one of the coming weekends. Not a exploring-new-places trip, but a I-have-money-to-blow trip to another metro just to meet friends. I told Dad to help me figure investment plans! 

---

You know of times when feelings are so incredibly strong that you are out of words. Even to write. 8th February brought some such feelings. I finally went for a concert of Ustad Zakir Hussain's. And it wasn't just him, Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma was there too. It was thrilling and completely magical. It was also very cold and I wasn't appropriately dressed, but the sounds in that park that evening were unreal and nothing else mattered.. The moon gave the setting perfect company too. And as you may have guessed, it was one of the happiest moments ever. :D

2 comments:

P. said...

Now that you say it, I feel the change too. Used to remember dates all the time too; now I just write them down wherever applicable.

Times are a changin'.

Guess all of us (your circle or mine) get cynical at time; as long as we don't let it get the better of us, we're in good hands!

Am so glad you saw the Ustad perform live, been something you've always spoken about...

RB said...

Slight difference though: I try not to remember them at all now.

And yes, I'm glad too that I went.