Sunday, August 08, 2010

I Want New Clothes

I have lost count of the number of movies I have watched alone at a theatre. While it is no big deal for a lot of people who do the same, it sounds odd to those who have never thought of it as an option. The reason why I am writing about it here is that I 'inspired' two people to do this routine over the past ten days. :D Yes, we must applaud for Ranjan Atreya and Nidhi Bhardwaj. *whistles*

The irony though is that Inception and Aisha - the movies they watched - are still on my to-watch list. Before you judge me for mentioning the two movies in the same breath, I want to tell you... I know. I do. So, don't bother. :)
And I will assure you right here that I won't go for that 'We are Family' shit. I won't ruin my birthday.

I watched Wake up Sid on television today. I like Konkana Sen Sharma. And I like Ranbir Kapoor. And I oh-so-like Rahul Khanna. When the movie released people told me not to waste money on it and I listened to them. But I kinda liked the movie. Maybe because I did not pay for it, but it was a decent evening spent. Especially liked the bit where Aisha is made to realise that the real her deviates from the perception she had of herself. Nothing ground-breaking, but the fact that it was so real a feeling had a genuine connect.

I had a crush on Nagesh Kukunoor once. And not just because he makes good movies. But I am wondering why he has made this wannabe-looking movie with John Abraham in it. Do you know why?

House arrest for multiple reasons is worse than house arrest for a single reason. I feel I am losing out on too much in life these days. So much so that I might just fail at making that year-end list of new things I do every year. I used to joke that among all the firsts, 'my first surgery' would be for the back. Guess I was wrong. This is naaaauuut fun.

On another note, I wonder what is it with men exposing their vulnerability and me getting attracted instantly. From experience I say that it is a very dangerous zone to play in. But what fun are insensitive, closed guys? The funny thing though is that these insensitive guys have a way of exposing their vulnerability. And that one's even more attractive. Gah!

The last few years made me feel that it was okay to be a bitch. I was wrong. I now know because life is being a bitch and I am not liking it. However, since it is hard to change now, I can put it differently. It is more fun when you have another bitch to share things with. Life's a good friend. *pukes*

9 comments:

P. said...

a) Do not watch Aisha. You will most certainly puke. Or if you really want to, carry a vomit bag.

b) Really dig the bit about having another bitch to bitch about things in general!

c) Thanks for last night =)

RB said...

a) I sat through two seasons of SATC and then watched the movie too. All that I remember liking was that big closet. Is this worse?

b) :-)

c) Shut up.

Jas B said...

You okay?? {House arrest-surgery????}

RB said...

Jas,
Well, the knee is only getting worse and now more than two docs have suggested surgery. So while I am still on with physiotherapy, I guess ultimately I'll have to go for surgery. And quite obviously, I do not like the idea of it one bit.

But you know, about being okay... everytime I go to the hospital I feel that I am the fittest person alive. There are people out there in way too much pain. So, I am okay. :-)

P. said...

@ Bhardwaj

SATC will seem like a literary novella after you put yourself through this.

Bad acting, in fact, no acting.
Shitty casting.
And you will want to strangle the person who wrote the dialogues.

dreamer said...

its never too late to change, as in ur were sm sort of B** earlier n maybe not now!

events in life make us change, more so when they extend over time (like ur joblessnes, hav experienced myself)

n yes even am looking fwd to watch aisha, though have read lots of hate posts on sonam! still!!

Ranjan Atreya said...

This going alone looks like its gonna become a bit of the norm now...hmm so the knee is that bad is it? it'll come around hopefully...i think im headed for aisha today, pritam's warnings have been taken into consideration but still...there is nothing better to do on a wed evening i guess...wen is the drink at 4 happ by the way?

Jas B said...

U-oh, its the knee, hey...not getting any better...did you bust a ligament or tendon???

"But you know, about being okay... everytime I go to the hospital I feel that I am the fittest person alive. There are people out there in way too much pain. So, I am okay. :-)".

:) I like your take at this. Take care of yourself.

RB said...

Priyam,
I watched it. Dialogues, yes, I could kill. :|

Dreamer,
Hmm...

Ranjan,
Did you go for Aisha then?

Drink at 4 will happen soon. And I won't leave you alone at the bar. :P

Jas,
It's some ligament. But I don't know why it is so complicated. Always saw friends wear colourful casts for ligament tears. :|

Anyway. Thanks! :)