Thursday, April 01, 2010

Do It Right!

This post is here because Gati, the express cargo delivery company has left me highly impressed with its services. I was a little apprehensive, but still sent home most of my belongings via Gati because lugging it all even on train would not have been a good idea.

Because of a group deal, they came to our away-from-civilisation hill to pick up the stuff, handled everything professionally, and promised a speedy delivery. While all that was a basic minimum that you expect from a service provider like that, what impressed me was the way in which they kept me informed about the movement of my stuff. Every few hours I received an sms from them telling me how the luggage has moved from one part of Pune to another, to how it has departed from Pune, and when it arrived in Delhi, and finally about the final delivery. The time mentioned in each sms was to the second. And when I tracked it on their website, I noticed that the sms was sent within 10 minutes of the luggage reaching a particular destination. The whole experience has actually left me in awe of them! And quite an economical deal, may I add. Testimony to that is a classmate's status message that reads - "103 kgs for for only Rs 1466, quite happy I say! :-)"

Very impressive!

1 comment:

P. said...

Truly very impressive!

Especially once I come to think of the fact that there was a hoarde of students breaking upon them; that they managed to tag each piece of baggage right!

Kudos, GATI, if you're reading =p