Monday, April 19, 2010

The Prediction

You know I do not talk maths. Almost never. But this one time when I did, the Delhi Daredevils decided to let me down.

Heard of the Fibonacci series? I came up with something similar after Delhi had played the first 11 matches this series (yea, I know it was a little late for a prediction). It won the first two. Then lost the next three. Then won the next four. Post that it lost two matches. And a series -- 2-3-4-3-2 popped in my mind! :D They would have lost a third after those two losses, which they did. And then they were to win the next two to qualify for the semis. They won the first of those last two to boost my confidence, but whadyaknow - buggers lost the last one and missed out on the semis. According to me, this loss would have been in the semi-finals. That, because they anyway never go further even if they are the favourites like in the last season. But they lost!! :(

And this is how you confirm that I am still jobless. A vacancy, anyone?

6 comments:

Puneet said...

That has GOT to be.. the most geeky way ever to kill spare time..!! :)

RB said...

Haha... maybe you could look at me as a thinking, analytical, passionate, and loyal person and consider recommending me for a job somewhere!! :D

P. said...

Fibonacci is quite cool, actually! A pity, it did not work out!

I too, was under the opinion that the Daredevils were going to get to the semis this time. Koi nahi, just take a look at the team I root for =p

Subhadip said...

Err... looked more like a arithmetic progression to me. Anyway, too bad it didn't work.

I was rooting for KKR, which, of course is the most mathematically stable team in all IPLs. 6th / 8th (last) / 6th... the only team not to make it to the semis in three tries... you know how I feel?

Arobindo said...

YA..DD's did dissappoint..big time...bloody chokers... and the RJ's don't let me forget.. they keep blabbering the loss over and over again...really really bugged...

RB said...

PC,
:(

Subhadip,
Ha.. yes, I guess I know how you feel. :)

Aro,
Hmm.. even more bugging are the two teams that reached the finals. I was hoping for a final between RCB and DC. :-/