Monday, October 13, 2008

Did ya just turn over?

What follows is something that I wrote yesterday but could not post it.

+++

Semester I ended at 8:00 pm on October 11, 2008 after having conducted three exams in one day. That was also a new way of living academia that I experienced. From the average of 5 days that we used to get before every exam, and the 45 days before exam season for 'advance' study, here it was an average of 8 hours for two exams each day. A rather strange week for sure.


Stranger still - we used to get 2.5 months before the beginning of the next session. Here it was not even 24 hours. Semester II from 8 (oops, that was 9) am on October 12. Professional courses, I tell you! :P

But you have to be part of such a system to understand the good and bad things about it too. Also, the jokes.


So frustration levels were running VERY high last night. I wanted food. Good food. Or maybe ANY food other than what this 'mess' offers. Was kinda tired too, I had sneezed enough to lose 20K+ calories through the day, but a walk down the hill to a small dhaba for FOOD (yea, you knew that, didn't you?) was reason enough to gather strength. Food was the standard sweet and spicy mix, but I was all right. Got Dairy Milk and Slice too. :D


There is going to be Art of Living workshops through the week for the burnt out junior batch. Apparently there are five things we have to abstain from - alcohol, cigarettes, tea, coffee and non vegetarian food. Ha! I do not need the word abstinence for these. Let's see how this turns out to be.

++++

I am through with two sessions of art of living. Guess I will write about it all together at the end of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this art of living thing compulsory at your institute or optional??

Subhadip said...

AoL... wow! I am wondering why the college / university would design a course so stressful, that they need to include therapy (I know AoL trainers would say it's not therapy, it's a way of life, and stuff; for me it's therapy) to cope with it?

RB said...

Subhadip
It's actually independent of how the course is structured. There was some mismanagement (in general and of time) and there was one week to kill - exams were over and students were told that the semester will get over on the 18th. So they scheduled some workshops and AoL for the week.