Monday, September 08, 2008

And this.. and that

Photoshop is so not what I thought it was! I still don't know more than 10% of what it has to offer, but it's pretty crazy. It is fun when I realise I still am fairly good at it, but the whole deal is that I barely ever sit down to do it. In all these months, not once have I used it to process a picture. It's always something new that I am taught and expected to create on it. Quite a fascinating thing.
Something else that is really cool is the fact that my room is like a complete home now that I have joined the beds and there is this warmth about it. I am getting too comfortable like this. Wonder what I will do when my roomie comes back next semester.
Recently did something that is probably not a nice thing to do for a sane person, but it was a big boost because it was kinda like an assurance that I really do not take shit from random people and do have the capability of giving them a piece of my mind. Yea, I did need some reassurance on that front. I felt unbelievably happy blasting this guy I cannot tolerate. :D
Another thing that is really annoying is the virus brigage that has taken over this campus. Every frikkin pen drive and system is infected, and now my cursor is jumping to whichever spot it likes whenever it wants to. And my anti-virus is not detecting it. Somebody help!! :-/
A proud but not-so-proud record that I set recently was of stepping out of bed and reaching the hostel lobby in nine minutes flat (bath included!). :D
Not having a roommate has its disadvantages also.
Doggies on campus have started doing what some of them near my house did. Nap around 8-9 pm, and bark away to glory 1:00 am onwards.
The Ganesh Utsav on campus saw a cultural night a couple of days back. I was supposed to sit and watch for 30 minutes, and I ended up spending 3 hours and 30 minutes enjoying it. Next day was full of guilt, but it was LOADS of fun. This campus has never been more entertaining.
A new visiting faculty has come to teach us electronic media for a while. I have never seen a bigger, more entertaining freak in my life! The man is kinda old but his energy is unbeatable. Has been a student and also a director of FTII, and his world is extremely fascinating. Awesome classes!
Social change classes are still a little hazy. I understand that their purpose is to give us a different perspective on things we tend to ignore. But some of the people who come and talk about issues have such an extreme leftward bent that they cannot even give a balanced view. I wonder if it is a good idea to shove opinions down people's throats.
Today I slept while standing. In class. As in, not slept slept, but eyes were shut for long enough to wake with a jerk. New feat achieved.
I think I should go sleep. See you in a while.

5 comments:

Butterfly said...

My computer screen keeps on moving up and down at times because of viruses!And, it is superslow!
Nine minutes? Whoa!That is an achievement.

Subhadip said...

You wrote "... slept while standing. In class", and I was thinking you in the corner, face towards the wall, holding your ears, and dozing off :P

Waking up to lobbying down in nine minutes? Wow!

And finally... Photoshop! Et tu?

R said...

That is why I am a copywriter. I hate the damn softwares. But yeah, people around me do bootylicious things on it. But that's all I want to do with photoshop - and never learn or have to use it!

FTII people are shitloads of fun. Make sure you get the guy to share some films with you guys as well. Their usual definition of a 'classic' is beyond the world we know.

~ Deeps ~ said...

download AVG anti virus and AVira one.....run them through the system.......

RB said...

Sinjini...
So you should also get an anti virus. Soon!!
Achievement it was. :D

Subhadip...
Yea right! Last week to main class rep bhi thi. Aap kaisi baatein kar rahe ho? :P

Et tu? Huh?

Rohit...
Yea man, people really do magic on it.

FTII guys' entire world is beyond the world we know. But right now I am pissed with everything related to audio visual classes. :-/
Never mind.

DK...
Shall do.
Thanks.