Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's All New

Disconnected from the world. Feels a little strange. But there really is no time. I don't have time to miss home. It is strange. The weather is keeping me unbelievably happy. The breeze is a constant here. Rain, sun, cold... they all change. Breeze is supercool!


The faculty is much better than I expected it to be. The campus still has a lot of issues because it is still not complete. But it is nice to be out of the crib mode. AND! The concept of MBA=common sense is clear to me. There are people who have no common sense. They need to be taught all of it. Marketing is super-exciting. Other papers are all media-oriented so far. Still to be introduced to a lot of modules too. The research teacher is a scare crow. Purist to the T, but otherwise crazy. I am hoping the purist in him will keep me happy. I am living in a twin-sharing room alone. :D My roommate is still to arrive because of some dumb issues.

Have nice people around me. It's a big deal. City is far far FAR away. Today I had plans of catching the 5:30 bus to the city, but finally got hold of some free internet time, so gave the thought up. I guess the internet addict is still not dead. :P

Not getting time to click. It sucks! And anyway there is nothing except hills to click. I have already done that.

And it was research for a presentation tomorrow for which I had come online. Have already killed an hour. No idea where that went. So the thoughts are not flowing. Will try writing a bit next week.
Hope everyone is fine. :)


Wrote a little right after I came here...

July 4th, 4:00 a.m.

An AC 2 compartment, soft lights, and comfortable bedding; still not out of the comfort zone supported by parents. Walk out and open the coach’s door to face darkness and heavy wind. It was almost ripping through me. And there was nothing that I could see. I was speeding through nothingness to a place I knew nothing about. It was like a drama unfolding in the head. The drama titled ‘life’.

July 5th, 3:00 p.m.

The view from the corridor was splendid. I could not believe that this was going to be home. I was ‘in the hills’. Cool breeze present throughout the day and the clouds making for the loveliest canvas around.

The night told of the home thousands of miles away. Not because I sat alone to feel depressed over the change, but the view from the same end of the corridor had lights far far away. That is where civilisation must be, where people must live, where family must be. I was in a dark but scenic world.

July 6th

From morning to evening, people talked about having a passion, having self-esteem, and working because you want to. I know I have come for all the three. And a little more. But it is more than education that I have come here for. It is more than a degree that I want from this place. I am going to work for it.

Somebody also made me applaud for my parents. I cried. I know that there is nobody in the world who can match up to their love for me, and to whatever they have done for me.


From the train



In the train


My room on Day 1

View from the end of my corridor

11 comments:

Subhadip said...

MF :-D

The view is really nice! And the room looks spacious. I am sure the breeze is nice too... after all the breeze is always nice "in the hills".

Good to see you back here!

deep said...

hey the view is lovely.......u shud enjoy ur stay there and forget abt the crowded cities for a while.......2 yrs later u will in any case have to be in one of the mega cities only........
good luck :)

Butterfly said...

Wonderful view and nice room too!

Hope to see more good posts about your new life. Best of Luck!

R said...

Superb! Can't wait to see more and read more about the place. :) The view for sure is splendid - hope you are going to be able to capture it in various moods.

I hope they don't get into media history and media concerned issues. That time of the day would really suck for you. Really.

RB said...

Subhadip
:-)

DK
Hehee... thanks.

Sinjini
Thanks a ton! :)

Rohit
Hey, thanks. Will try to update regularly.

The padhai is nice. They are not going into any boring stuff. Have more of practicals on those subjects. Recording a radio jingle next week. :)
Hope you're well.

That Girl said...

That view from the train is breathtakingly spectacular. Awesome shot. The room's cool too. Bschools have nice rooms ya, much better than those typical hostel rooms I'm used to seeing.
Hope you could get some time off to yourself over the weekend. Or was it jam packed too?

RB said...

Weekend? I don't have any. :) Had classes all day today too.

R said...

Get used to a life without weekends too.

Really.

R said...

Get used to a life without weekends too.

Really.

RB said...

Sure will.

Silver Mist said...

I love your room!!