Friday, July 18, 2008

When EOD is 6:00 pm, it feels good!

I finally have LAN in my room. Roommate is also here. Work is getting crazier too.
Had my first photography class today. Technical stuff, of course. Good that somebody is teaching; it's fun. Also found a classmate who will teach me otherwise. So he showed me what the BULB mode along with zoom burst does. Awesome it was! Also how I can use this lens for macro without going to the auto macro mode. I think I'll be taking lessons from him only. And he offered to lend me his 70-300!!! Vibes, I tell you. He thinks he can trust me. So boo to those who refused to even let me handle their cameras and lenses. :P
I noticed that I have an unbelievable number of left-handed and ambidextrous people in my batch. My value has gone down. :( But really, more than 10% of the batch is a little too much!
I also realised that I really AM a cleanliness freak. At home I didn't have to do anything, so the skills never got an opportunity to be honed. But here, even when I have no time, I'd be cleaning tiles in the bathroom, or sweeping the floor, or just tidying up the place. Yes, we do have housekeeping people to do all this. But it's so much fun!! :D
I think I am going to forget a lot of birthdays in the coming days. If I forget yours, advance apologies please. I don't even have my birthday list now because this jack of a laptop crashed last week and had to be formatted. Yes, an hour before a presentation of which I did not have a back-up. Hands on management training I am getting!
Being online is making me miss home. When I didn't know what the world was up to, I was fine. This is hard.
I am extremely sick of mess food already. A slice of pizza from the other world brought the biggest smile on the face the other day. Uh!
And now I shall go. Will upload a few pictures soon. Have not been able to catch the sunset even once because the cloud cover is always too heavy. But most days I am in class when the sun sets. Anyway.
See you soon, tada!!

11 comments:

b. said...

You tend to discover so many things about yourself once you are away from home!

Keep going! I know this place would be full of fun-filled experiences in the months to come :)

Enjoy life to the fullest...

Karan Rajpal said...

if you're here, why haven't we met? Or have we?

D said...

are you in simc?????!!!

That Girl said...

Finally, net access!
The photography classes (both the insti one and the private one) sound Very Cool. I'm sure that's your favourite class as of now. Do put up the pics you take.
And wow, you getting sooo busy already. Enjoy the madness :)

RB said...

Bhaskar
True!

I hope it is. Thanks a ton. :)

Karan
I'll say hello tomorrow if I spot you. :)

Deepak
Yo! How's SCM? Or you're somewhere else?

Amiya
Yea, finally!!
I don't have a fav class as yet. Maybe the pvt photography class - hmm, maybe. :)

Totally enjoying the madness. Thanks. :D

D said...

:)
didn't get through to scm.. despite a decent interview and a great score..dunno where i slipped up! i'm still wondering..
joined reliance..

RB said...

Deepak
Ah, ok.
Best of luck! :-)

Anonymous said...

You didn't realise that you were a clean freak earlier?? Wasn't cleaning tables at Dominos indication enough? :)

You have started using terms like EOD... you really are learing management quickly.

Sucky thing, that lappy though and it's a new one too.

RB said...

Tarun
Hee hee.. if it helps, it wasn't. This is different. :P

EOD is a hangover from office. This place isn't too jargon-y yet.

Yea, that was a sucky thing.

It's good to see you here. I miss you terribly. Love you!

Reeta Skeeter said...

who is teaching you photography?

Reeta Skeeter said...

oh oh got eet read it again..