Monday, April 07, 2008

Moody's

Strange things keep happening all the time. When you're looking for chocolate, you end up getting vanilla. You crave for a smile or two, turns out they're still behind the tears in this queue. You reach a point where you do not even want to crib about things -- you just wonder! The 'whats' and the 'whys' start taking over, and you wonder if that paanchvi pass was a better point in life. You are down in the dumps, and you wonder why you're treating yourself like that when you deserve something better. You wonder why you always feel that there is something better around. Is that what life reduces you to? To keep consoling yourself?

I went to Jantar Mantar today. I had been avoiding the place for a while because I had my doubts about how I will click there. And I was right. It is too much of a lot things for me! Firstly, I have a crazy fear of climbing heights. I enjoy being on top, but I am shit scared of climbing. So today, I somehow managed to climb a creepy steep set of stairs, but later realised that I was too scared to even move to come down.


Phew! Too steep, no support!

Secondly, architecture is not my thing. I never know how to click it. And something as complicated as the Jantar Mantar is way off my league. I kept wondering why I have never seen anything from DK on that place.
Thirdly, I was not understanding the physics of it either. Not that I needed to, but it's always nice to understand a place that you're visiting.

Anyway, I clicked nonetheless. Spent an hour still. Met an interesting guy too. His name was Saroj and was a final year student at the National School of Drama. And quite dramatic - he had studied science and hotel management, and then had run away from his home three times to become an actor in Mumbai. Then some sense prevailed. His parents were visiting him from Orissa, and they were damn sweet too. Very simple people, even simpler smiles.

He offered to click a picture of mine :)


I could not even jump on to one of these slabs to click something nice. :|

He gave me 10 precious minutes too. I would never have climbed the second long set of stairs if it wasn't for him. But after he left, I enjoyed myself sitting right on top. The sun was penetrating my skin, but the wind was nice enough to even it out.

View from the top

I needed to get out of the house, and I did. I wonder if I take my freedom for granted. It is precious, and I love it.

5 comments:

Butterfly said...

Me First!:-)

Butterfly said...

Hope you didn't look down while climbing those steps!

Nice pictures!:-)
I don't know all those technical things about taking photographs. So, what matters to me is that these pictures look good.

~ Deeps ~ said...

DK hasnt clicked it yet cuz it somehow always escapes my attention.....i mean i always feel like yar centrally located hai kabhi bhi shoot kar lenge and once wehn i went there, i forgot my sd card :(
so came back........i have been waiting to shoot it for long time, maybe soon

RB said...

Sinjini
Thanks. :)

No, thankfully, didn't look down. :)

DK
Hmmm. Wohi story ho gayi ye to, dilli mein hain to kabhi bhi dekh lenge tourist spots. Jaldi se ja ke shoot karo. Pata nahi mujhe Pune ja ke time bhi milega ya nahi dekhne ka. :P

R said...

I remember spending a long fucking hot day at Jantar Mantar. Still have those shots. That time I didn't have my digital camera.

And hey, communication school ke students ke paas time hi time hota hai. Seriously.