Friday, April 18, 2008

Life as on April 19, 2008

My latest status message on Facebook reads, 'Richa's love for herself is almost obscene :P'. I am smiling non-stop. No real reason as such, some silly stuff that made me happy. But really, I wonder if everyone is as self-obsessed as I am. Not just that. Happy and no regrets. No qualms about being touchy, impatient, confused, and needy. Can't find a word better than 'obscene'. :D Oh, I also left modesty far behind. Bitch I've become! But I take pride in that too. Tch tch. But indulgence is nice. I've never found anything wrong with it. Not just self-indulgence, but indulging in anything. It comes with its cons, but so does everything else. At least it is fun.
But another fact is that I know other people like me. And I love them! Emotions always running high, and almost out of control too. But maybe the out-of-control happiness makes up for the out-of-control fuck-ups too. We (or I) may wail and howl even when an ant dies, but the happy exciting times are equally action-packed. At times I do feel that exogenous variables should not affect my life so much, but I am not so full of myself either that I can satisfy all needs with the self. A world around me exists, because I believe in the literal meaning of 'theory of relativity'. Being detached from it will probably mean death.
Jayant recently left a comment here saying being crazy seems like an 'in' thing nowadays. Isn't that incredible? :) And people keep asking me if I have always been pagal and if I plan to remain pagal in future too. My answer's always in affirmative. Really, something inside me will be dead if I stop being crazy.
I still have a boring, serious, uninterested side to me too. Some people find that crazy too. Hee..
I don't.

I recently finished reading The Godfather. The book is still on my bed, and so I clicked some random shots around it. Somebody saw the recent images in my camera and said that I should post them all as 'confessions of a bored photographer'. Valid enough. my camera is permanently in the macro mode and I click everything from water bottles' rims to my specs' rims. From coins to notebooks. Everything!!
So here's something that I clicked today. And I am totally in the mood to relate to it too.

Godfather, God, Photography!

Flight

I shall live till the day I live.

6 comments:

Butterfly said...

I think you should carry on with those random shots.They can sometimes fetch really good photos...:-)

Apoorva said...

heeeeee :) that's the only way life deserves to be 'lived'.

Anonymous said...

its good that camera is always ready........thats the biggest adv of having a small point and shoot...with big ones :(

RB said...

Sinjini
I know. :-)
Thanks.

Apoorva
I knew you'd agree. Muah! :-)

DK
I know. And that is one big reason I'm gonna miss this camera. Won't be taking it with me 'coz it'll be for family use at home. And I really think I've clicked some nice shots lying around at home. :(

R said...

Dig the last line.

So did you like The Godfather? I personally like The Fortunate Pilgrim more.

Oh, and nice shot there. Really. But have you started photoshopping your images?

RB said...

Rohit
Yea, the book was quite nice. Haven't read The Fortunate Pilgrim though.

No, still haven't got PhotoShop. Got a CD once, but you know the pirated world. :(
Glad you like the picture.