Monday, March 26, 2007

God, I'm Rich!

There are always some people around you who’ve been sent to make you smile. They’re around when you need to be told that everything’s not all bad. There are girls to sit with you and abuse all the men in your life with you. When you yell, they are nearly mute to balance it. You’re lucky when you have friends who know that you don’t want to be left alone when you say so. The days when you don’t feel strong and are struggling, they’ll see through you and will just ask you to cut the crap ‘coz they “can feel the undercurrent”. They can understand the expression in the eyes when you are speechless. One will hold your hand, the other will hold you. Someone may just keep his hand on your shoulder and you know that they’re all real.
I have more than one of these.

Ruhi is always physically around so I don’t have to make as much effort to say things. She can see me. She knows when I need a dose of my own philosophies. She has taught me what being thankful for what you have is about. God knows what I’ll do when she moves away!

Mithu makes me laugh. When I’m low, she’ll have cheap jokes and when I’m drunk, she has more of those. With her I am permanently 10 years old. Her boyfriend calls me her muah muah girlfriend because both of us always have truck-loads of kisses for each other. This baby is really precious.

Tarun is not just academically smart. His analytical mind analyses my mind quite well. He listens. He remains calm when I’m going mad. He encourages when I’m in self-doubt. He mostly laughs at me than with me but with him, I enjoy even that. I pray that he gets to go away ‘coz he deserves every bit of it but damn, I’ll be minus numerous sarcasms. That sounds too dull to be true.

Neha = Strength. Strength of character, strength to be herself, strength to face challenges, strength to strengthen her faith by the day! This love-abundant girl has touched my life more deeply than maybe even I’m aware of.

Parul, I know, will never fail me. I know judging people well is not one of my virtues but I know about her. I know her. She’s modern and trendy on the outside, and a soft & simple girl inside! Full of energy and always ready with advice on the most random issues in the world, she’s also my gossip partner.

And then there are those who’re either not as close as them or those with whom I’m not as close anymore but they have made a difference in my life. Yoda imparts wisdom and patience while Chhotu always shows me that nothing’s worth fretting much about.
Karan was a good friend and he still tells his friends that I was his best friend in school. This guy has changed an unbelievable amount in the last 2 years. Was sweet but dumb then; is sweet and sensible now. He wonders how “nice girls” like me end up with wrong men. :)
Rohit and Sayani Di stood by me when it mattered. Both are powerhouses of energy and I loved every day of being with them.
Rucha, Sri, Varun and Poonam are busy with their lives today and I hardly see them but they’ve all been great friends! I’ve killed a hell lot of time with each one of them. Hope they’re all happy...


I know I’ve done similar posts earlier as well. But how do I care about that?! I am counting my blessings. I’d sworn I’d not name any close people on my blog but what the heck! My bond with them is strong enough to not get affected by dumb superstitions.
There's a relationship that I have built with each one of them. With some, it's not the same anymore but I'm happy about having had them around at some point in time in life. It is humbling to have such great people sticking by you through thick and thin. They make up for all those wrong people I meet.
I had tears in my eyes when I started writing. Just the thought of them all together is overwhelming. They're important. God bless them all!

11 comments:

Jayant said...

Well, what do you know...I'm the first one here! :)
LOVED the first para! Beautiful is the word.
And as for all the friends you've mentioned, I just hope you never ever have to talk about your relationships with them in the past tense. Good friends are just too precious to lose over petty issues.
Oh, and yeah, Neha=Strength. No doubt about that. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you! :)
It's always nice to get such a mention. You take care.

Subhadip said...

May you always remain rich!

R said...

Just what Dada said. (=

Shreya said...

this sounds cliched.....but ur damn lucky.

~ Deeps ~ said...

stay happy :)

Butterfly said...

"They are important".
Yes,it's just like you've said. Friends are so important.My friends at school do not share many things with me.I don't like the topics of discussion(which are mostly about boys of our school ). a I had become a bit lonely during a ceratin period last year. But, blogging changed everything. Now, I have lots of friends and I don't care when I see some of those girls putting their heads together and discussing something.There is only one girl with whom I still share lots. That is Sritama.

RB said...

Jayant
:-)
Thanks for all the nice words.

And yes, no doubt at all.

Woodsmoke
It's my pleasure. :)

Subhadip and Rohit
Thanks guys. :)

Shreya
I know. :)
But what sounds cliched? The post or your comment? :D

DK
You too! :)

Sinjini
I can imagine. At times it gets hard to find your kind of people. But I'm glad you think blogging helps. And I'm sure Sritama is a lucky girl. :)

Wind of change said...

Saw ur blog... and the thing that struck me was - well.. isn't that in your name- Rich(a).. :) (BTW can I call you Rich, I call my friend by the same name)..

and come to think of it.. I think I call her that coz, it's me who is rich - rich to have her as my friend.. :)

I am sure your friends feel the same way for you..

Keep Smiling :) dear one

RB said...

Wind of Change
Hey! You can call me Rich...not a problem. A lot of my friends call me that. :)

Thanks for the nice words. :)

Btw, is it you?

Wind of change said...

:)