Thursday, April 25, 2013

Special Times

Apparently getting married is not easy. I have witnessed so many cases of people struggling, parents opposing, breakdowns happening and what not. But then there are many positive results too. I guess everyone just loves the drama. Case in point is Varun's wedding. It took more than three years to get all approvals. Kind of like the Government of India, eh? 

I wasn't roped in for one choreographed dance, it was three! There were practice sessions galore but they were more of drinking and entertainment sessions than anything else. That showed on the stage when the sequence which had ALL of us turned out to be a complete disaster. The other two were still alright.

But in the larger scheme of things, that didn't matter at all. 

In the past week I got to meet all the people who had made life comfortable when it was socially at one of the worst junctures. When I had no friends in my own class or college. When I didn't seem to get along with anyone. When I looked forward to the one hour in a maddeningly crowded bus just so that I could have a good time. Yes, it was the U Special gang of 2004-06. And their extended circle of niceness. 

Anjor - the mysterious entertainer
Ankita - the sweet, harmless one
Tarun - the best man
Yutika - incredible combination of kind and funny
Maria - my newest bud!
Sushmit - he lives in a land far away but Twitter bridges borders
Satyam - obnoxious no more; situational humour is still his thing
Hemant - he seems to have come of age

I would have liked to spend time with Avni too. But that didn't happen. 

My parents were extremely kind. I stayed out late on consecutive nights and they were okay with that. 

I must mention that the formal events were complete eye candy fests. I don't remember the last time I saw so many good looking men under one roof. Need I say more? Actually I must. I got a lot of male attention and suddenly being single was like the cool factor working for me. It was flattering. More on flattery in another post. 

Unfortunately we don't have any pictures together and this is the best Tarun managed on a practice night

I skipped dinner to get mehendi. Some kind hearts fed me afterwards

Did I mention we all got drunk at the cocktail?

Cannot express how much I loved being a part of the whole process with all these people
 
The happy man!
A trend that got established at this wedding is that I always find a moment to cry out of sheer happiness for the couple. Done it at too many weddings now. 

In the last month two more weddings got fixed. I knew it was going to be an entertaining year. 

Pictures courtesy - Hari (oh!, thisssss is Hari!)

2 comments:

P. said...

Looks like great fun!

And you're stunning in the fuchsia and gold :D

RB said...

:) Thenks.