Sunday, April 14, 2013

Action!

I am rarely in a position to say that I had a good week or a month, and this is one of those rare moments. After a series of supremely frustrating weeks, I had a week through which I felt good at all times. Work and social life, both, have suddenly picked up. The weekend was good too. 

Milan's farewell on Friday night was fun. Spending time with the girls is actually always enjoyable, but when Vidha tends to get tipsy, things take a more entertaining turn. As for Milan, I will miss her (yes, admitted).


Ruhi was also in town this weekend. It had been over a year since I last saw her. My friend in vegetarianism - read with her I can go for a meal where I am not sidelined with my single vegetarian dish. We ate, drank  and talked for 3.5 hours before I headed for my dance class. 


Yes, I have finally joined dance classes. As of now it is about hard work, being uncomfortable, being challenged, feeling exposed and awkward, but it is fun. Nobody except the instructors are professionals. And it is a very patient and pleasant bunch of people teaching. So I am happy. At least as of now. And my instructor says I have good rhythm. :D


Yesterday's class was rather hard. I spun so much that I could almost feel the margarita and this indulgent dessert spinning too. Wasn't a good feeling. But lesson learnt. From now on it will be early lunch on dance class days. 

Talking about dance, Varun emotionally blackmailed into doing a choreographed dance at his wedding. I didn't do one at my own brother's wedding, but I seem to have no choice here. So this afternoon was spent at his place trying to get a party on my mind but do a lot more than just groove. And while salsa is a lot of technique, this bollywood drama requires some serious movement of the upper body. Phew!


I also realised that I didn't take up the opportunity to call the shots when I had it.

Moving on, the evening at Avan's was rather nice. We didn't speak for three weeks and her world seems to have suddenly changed for the better. Things look promising. Positive updates awaited.

Back home, Suvvir slapped me hard and it was funny. Never saw this day coming. 


In other news, I think I am falling in love with this gentleman here. From the world that he belongs to, it has only been John Stamos and Patrick Dempsey in the past. *sigh*


And now, please make way for Monday blues. See you on the other side.

2 comments:

P. said...

Action-packed weekend tha ye toh! :D

Sigh. I miss Ladies Nights at Morrison - wonder when the four of us will be able to get together. Koi shaadi karo!

And dance! Yay! I look forward to your version of 'Party on my mind' :)

RB said...

Umeed hai ki Milan karegi jald hi. Toh party Calcutta mein hogi. :D :D

My version...haha! Right now my version is rather awkward. I just hope it gets better by next week.