Saturday, September 03, 2011

A Review


My 25 things-to-do list from last birthday...

1. Of course, get that job! - Check! I think I am in the right place.


2. Get the knee fixed - Check! We're almost fixed. 


3. Visit the Taj Mahal - Check! 


4. Make one long trip to the Himalayas - Check! It was brilliant!!


5. Make another long trip to Rajasthan in the winters - Still on the list. Maybe this year.


6. Buy a car - Changed my mind.


7. Help Mom redo the house - She doesn't listen!


8. Pick up a new hobby - Err... no new hobby. 


9. Learn a new language, Spanish maybe - I took exactly four lessons. 


10. Catch one of Ustad Zakir Hussain's concerts - Check! It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!


11. Find an occasion to wear that black dress - It's still in the cupboard. :-/


12. Burn up the past for good - Well, cannot claim to have burnt it. But I have locked it up. 


13. Clear my debt - Check! 


14. Actively participate in at least one initiative of Blank Noise's - Unfortunately didn't.


15. Invest in silk, silver, and a lot of white! :D - White count of my cupboard has reached an embarrassing number. :D


16. Try quitting consumption of bread - I quit for a short period, and now just consume lesser than I did last year. 


17. Try about three different hairdos - Done, of course. 


18. Make the line clearer - It is clearer than it ever was. 


19. Get a hot new frame for my spectacles too - I do think the current ones are hot.


20. Barring that dress, get rid of all black coloured things in my life - I'm almost there.


21. Cut down on unnecessary loyalties - Taken care of.


22. Spend less time online - Work does ensure that I spend less time online.


23. Start reading again - Err... I blame the two books that I tried restarting with.


24. Take dance classes - I think I will do it this year. 


25. Let it be. - Letting it be. 

That is a good score. Thank you, life. You have been kind. 

5 comments:

Shreya said...

I don't think I can ever think of getting rid of my blacks :)

Let it be... I like that one.

RB said...

:) I've only kept a couple that are needed for those must-wear-black moments/days.

:)

Avantika said...

20 out of 25 things, either completed or attempted - not bad! I forget my targets, a week after I write them down! :)

Waiting for the list for 26!

OH MY GOD we're gonna be TWENTY SIX next year!

*HEART ATTACK*

:)
Avan

P. said...

I am particurly ecstatic abouts points numbered 1, 4, 10, 15, 19 and 25 :)

You've had a good year, Bhardwaj. Here's to hoping that the next is even better! :D

RB said...

Avan,
:)

I don't know if I am going to make another list, but yes, this definitely felt good.

Don't start with this turning 26 business. I realised only yesterday that I thought and talked about being 25 for almost an entire year before actually turning 25. Sad.

Priyam,
:D Thaaanks!