Friday, September 23, 2011

Community

I have a special dislike for noise. Of all kinds. Well, I have a special dislike for a variety of smells too (just this morning I realized that I cringe my nose several times a day), but we are talking about noise here. Presence of a number of women in a closed space (which never has ‘normal’ temperature) is a deadly phenomenon. I would have liked to unabashedly stereotype a certain team here and pull their hair out for the kind of noise they make. But there are two teams which drive me bloody crazy. I understand Friday afternoon is a happy time. I really do appreciate it. And I also know that not everyone chooses to be asocial, but what the hell! How do people who are trying to work (or pretending to work) become invisible to these women! Amongst these are also those whose mornings are startlingly cheerful. Mornings. All mornings. Every single morning from Monday to Friday. Did I mention the my-words-can-ring-through-your-ears-to-your-brain-and-kill-the-cells-that-detect-sound kind of voices! And I wonder how these same women become bitches when their work isn’t getting done because of external factors. They make noise when they are happy. They make even more noise when they are cribbing. They are annoying with a big fat capital A.

The giggly kind of loud for another day. Those are pure bitches of a far more evil kind. 

Of course I do not belong to any of these communities. 

3 comments:

Shreya said...

The disclaimer in the end. Makes one wonder :P

Silver Mist said...

OMG I know exactly what you mean!! THAT gaggle of women!! Chirruping all over the place... argh!

And the cheerful morning ones, I really think I'm gonna strangle one someday!

And if you get caught with a bunch in the loo... phew! Worst nightmare come true!!

RB said...

Shreya,
Wonder what, huh!

Ishani,
Phew! Tell me about it.