Friday, April 01, 2011

Two Farewells and a Thriller

Saturday night was Saumya's last in Delhi. 

From 2007

She has moved back to Hyderabad, this time to spend a year at ISB. So a few of us from college spent the night at her place. It was a good eat-drink-laugh time. The conversations, we felt, had matured. We could feel that we're moving far away from what we used to be like a few years ago. How we can't relate to college goers anymore. How we could not stop talking about work. 
But mind you, we are not old yet. We had Britney Spears, some ooh-ah-ish songs on the radio, fantasies, bitching, and future plan talks with us too!

Mom was excited when I told her of Saumya's move. And I know for sure that she's gonna kick some serious ass there!

The other farewell was last night for Nehmat. She had been around for pretty much everything I needed through the past five months - from helping with work on a day that I felt that I may get fired to giving me company for a scary cardiogram. With it all she obviously has had to bear with my moods as well given that I was always on her immediate left. 

One of her avatars in office

She's loud, she's fun, she's emotional and full of life. She can have two drinks and do a sexy slither on the floor as well. She's moved on for good, and I'm sure will do something worthwhile and happy in the coming years. 

The thriller was obviously the India-Pakistan semi-final. Now what can I say about it that hasn't already been said. It was perfect. More so because it was in the middle of the week and I love happy Wednesdays a lot these days. :D
Wednesday was also Mom's happy birthday. On Wednesday I added some more white to my wardrobe as well. :D :D

It was a good week. With all this was a quick catch-up with Subhadip after more than two years, not much work, a productive business meeting, and a new type of martini discovered and liked.

The downs were there too. But what good will talking about them do me anyway!

4 comments:

Puneet said...

The martini recipe... ASAP!

RB said...

Erm.. I don't know the recipe. Just the flavour - lemon and basil!

P. said...

Ooh fun, lemon and basil!

And true, talking about the downs do no good at all - apart from when people send you flowers :)

RB said...

:) Mujhe bhi chahiye hain flowers.