Monday, January 03, 2011

The Christmas Weekend

I meant to write all about it, but since I haven't so far, I doubt I'll sit to narrate it out any time soon. So, two lines to register it.
I went for a Jagjit Singh concert at Siri Fort Auditorium. I stopped listening to his ghazals long ago, but completely enjoyed my three hours there. He's a sarcastic, romantic old man. Do I need to say more?
I also met Priyam over some Italian lunch and a haircut that she does not like in retrospect. Saw her after really long but nothing felt different. I would have uploaded pictures if even one of them had come out well.
Then I went to Jayant's for a party. Being there suddenly transported me into one of those 'circuits' where everyone brings along, and meets, everyone at a party and has a lot of fun. There were college friends, their school friends, their respective boyfriends and girlfriends, my colleagues, and their respective friends too. Wow. I am now wondering about the time when I tried something similar and it failed. The scale wasn't even as big. :-/
Sunday was a little crazy. I suddenly felt like I want to buy a car. I know you read something funny a few posts back. Shut up. So I went and looked at a Ford Figo. It was worth the love I was anyway ready to shower on it. Love that car! But then I realised that I do not particularly need a car yet and we came back home. And as a substitute, I just went and bought a pair of glasses. Not the ones that I liked and were obscenely priced, but something in the middle. :-/

Wow, this was a lot more than two lines. Good.

3 comments:

P. said...

It took us too long to make this happen, but twas fun! Inclusive of the shaggy-doggedness that I now carry with me!

And c'mon, not even one picture? Let me look through my stash, Im sure we can find something!

So the glasses were bought. How are they?

RB said...

Haha!

No ya, no nice picture. Tum bhejo.

The glasses are not fitting well. I feel too tall while walking. :O And the ophthalmologist just wants me to get used to that. :O :O

Jayant said...

Yay! :D