Friday, March 26, 2010

Threesome


If there was another thing which I believe I would never have done if not here in Pune, it was last night's experience.
Some incident in the recent past made the illegal dhabas at the foot of our hill a little inaccessible. So now one needs to walk down the hill, exit the campus, and enter that area from the other side. About 2 kms, we estimated. Quite clearly, the walk down is a lot easier than climbing back up. So, as part of their marketing strategy, the owners there offer to send people up in their own vehicles. While the guy at Shree sends his Scorpio, Silver Spoons has an economical motorcycle that takes several rounds for each group of customers.

My loyalties have always been with Shree because it was the first of the three dhabas that exist now, but last night we went to Silver Spoons because some friends have started liking it a lot more because of the better ambience. And while coming back, I got to ride pillion along with Debanjana. Yes, along with her. Two pillions. We were tripling!! It was absolutely insane! Deb was in the middle, and I was sitting behind her. The damn bike did not have anything to hold on to in the back, so I had to hold on to her tiny shoulder. I can tell you those 5-10 minutes felt extremely funny. And scary too because first we rode on kachcha road and then the guy was speeding while climbing the hill. I could have died.