Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Qutab Minar & The Sun

Today was one of those days when I was all happy-jumpy without a reason. But shitty mood for two days was actually reason enough to be like this. So while I almost danced on my treadmill in the gym (there was music!), I also finally went to Qutab Minar. This trip was long overdue. Bad weather, non-existence of a good camera, lazyness being some of the factors for the delay. In fact, I had once earlier managed to go but was precisely five minutes late. The place shuts at sunset, and apparently that had already happened when I reached. Anyway.
So today I kept an eye on the sun throughout my little journey to Mehrauli. I thought it would be touch and go, but the guy at the ticket counter said that there's still at least another half hour to go. So I got comfortable. But this trip was unlike all my previous such outings. Shortage of time, the eagerness to take pictures, and a strange layout of the place made it a very weird trip. I didn't know where I was moving and what I was doing. The only thing I do remember, and probably a lot of other people would also remember is me running. I used to see the sun setting next to the Minar from the main road almost every day. And a picture of that was high on my agenda today. Last I saw the sun, it was still quite high. So I started wandering around. A few minutes passed and I realised that the sky was orange and pink. The sun ought to be setting. Where is it? Yeah, I know it's in the west and that is where the pretty rays are coming from too, but I don't see it! Where the fuckin' hell are you? Dude I can't see it. Uhh...kidhhaar? Phew! I went left, I went right, I walked out. I didn't see the sun. I couldn't get the frame I was dying for. Finally reached a point near the parking from where I could have seen that setting sun. The pani-wala confirmed that it is visible from there every day. But what do you know...I was again late. And maybe by not even five minutes this time! Pff!

You can see the tinge in the sky too?


Anyway. Did manage to get a few shots that I like. Did not like the place much. The Minar, of course was breathtakingly beautiful. But the surrounding area was okay-ish. I've seen better places. But I am glad to have finally visited the place. One more off my check-list. :-)

The rest of the pictures are on my Flickr page as usual.
See you around! :-)

11 comments:

~ Deeps ~ said...

seen the pics and commented too last nite.........keep on checking other places.....go to humayun tomb sometime

Karthik said...

AWESOME COVERAGE..ESPECIALLY THE TINGE ON THE SKY....:)
WAT CAMERA IS IT?

RB said...

DK
Yeah, saw the comments. Thank you. :-)
Yep, I'll go to Humayun's Tomb soon too.

Karthik
Hey..thanks. :)
It's a Sony T100.

Karthik said...

There is no reply for "Untouched" yet...:)

RB said...

Yes I have not replied to any new comments on my photoblog yet. If you could be a little patient.

That Girl said...

Wow, the first pic is breathtakingly beautiful. Awesome. I'll go check out the Flickr page.

MeMyself_n_I said...

ooh brilliant photos.

and aww you missed the susnset again? :-(

RB said...

Amiya
Thanku. :))
*hugs*

Tania
Glad you liked them.
And yes, I missed it. :(

R said...

I like most of them! Will leave comments once I am signed in from my computer. I really really like the first one here. Good job!

And yeah, Humayun's Tomb.. as D said. The light play at such places is always so interesting. :)

RB said...

Rohit
Hey, thanks! Really appreciate your comment. :)

Yep, Humayun's Tomb will probably be next. Let's see when.
Thanks again. :)

Reeta Skeeter said...

Like the first pic a here :) QM i should also go sometime...For now Purana Quila eet ees for me :)