Thursday, June 11, 2009

Before I forget

An account of what happened last evening has to be registered before I forget the details.

Daksh, my cousin, and I had gone to Old Fort for a shoot last time I was in Delhi. Had had a lot of fun as well. Then, during my second term in college, I saw some pictures he had uploaded on Facebook, which is when we decided that we'd go for another shoot when I am in Delhi during summers. But these engineering students have way too many exams in life which last for way too many weeks. Therefore, by the time we found time to execute our plan, I didn't have much time left. So, on Monday night we decided on a place and figured that we'd have to do it after my work on one of my last few weekdays here. This meant I'd have to run from work to get some decent shots while there's still some daylight left.

Wednesday afternoon: raining like it's monsoons.
Wednesday late afternoon: no signs of the sun.
Wednesday evening: asked to stay back at work a little longer.

And then I ran. Daksh was waiting for me at my place. We had planned to take a trip on the local trains in Delhi. It would have been double fun 'coz neither of us had been on one of those ever before, and of course, for the few pictures we hoped to manage on the same.

We thought of taking the train from Sarojini Nagar towards Rail Museum and beyond, but when we reached the ticket counter, we were informed that the last train on that route had already left. We were a little surprised to hear that 'coz it was still only 7:15 p.m. So we asked the lady if there was any train going in the other direction some time soon. She figured we just wanted a ride on the train. So gave us a ticket from SN to Nizamuddin.
















The Sarojini Nagar Station

2 bucks each. We were highl
y amused to see such a low fare. The minimum fare even on a local bus is 3 bucks. Anyway. We took our ticket and walked the foot-over bridge to the platform on the other side. Waited for a couple of minutes for the train... and there it was!!! I was excited as ever when it comes to trains approaching a platform. I think this last one was an incorrect sentence.

Sadly, the light had dimmed too much for me to get any good shots. Managed just about a handful of so-so frames, and concentrated on enjoying my little ride through the city. :)














We passed by Sewa Nagar, Lajpat Nagar, etc to reach Hazrat Nizamuddin in about 15 minutes, I think. Certainly didn't take more time than that.

Daksh


Uncle on the train

Since Nizamuddin is a big station with long-distance trains going through it, the number of people there were also obviously that many more. I clicked around a bit before we decided to leave. The auto took 41 bucks back to my place. It was hilarious thinking we paid 20 bucks to get to the first station, 4 bucks for our ride, and then a relatively massive 41 to get back. :D

At Nizamuddin Station


An exit that we almost took before deciding to roam about at the station for a little longer


At Nizamuddin Station

Doggu :)

All the stuff (other than Vodafone) that I could not comprehend or read without my glasses

No comments: