Thursday, April 21, 2016

B is for Bus

While there are several things that I dislike without a reason, there are some that I feel a kind of eternal love for. Locomotives and double decker buses are on that short list. And what better than living in London to get your heart’s content of the red beauties! 

If it wasn’t for the traffic I’d sit on the top deck of the bus for every ride in the city. But I have a rough rule – anything that takes more than 30 minutes on the bus isn’t probably worth it. Except when I was unemployed and had all the time in the world. 

An empty top deck on an empty afternoon
I have been lucky in that my current office falls within the 30 minute bus ride mark from home. So I take the “t-h-i-r-t-e-e-n to Golders Green or Aldwych” each way every day. It also means I don’t need to make the long, uphill walk to the nearest tube station. It also means I can talk to Mom in the mornings. Of course, there are days when I am running so totally late that I have to take the tube, but I try so so hard to avoid it. :P

The apt first shot from my 10-22mm
C loves his “driver’s seat” which is basically the front seat of the top deck. So it’s a double win if we get to take a bus AND get the much-coveted front seat. Oh, the small joys of life. 

Front seat love!
  

No comments: