Sunday, August 04, 2013

Recently

I was on a flight from Patna to Delhi. Large part of the sector had a view of the Himalayas. I had been on the route last year and craved to be closer to the mountains. Having the same view this time gave an exceedingly satisfying feeling. Of having done it. I really will never get over Ladakh.

I was in Mumbai. A first during the monsoons. Goes without saying that I was dreading the gray and the rain. So much so that the thought of being around the sea did not even cross my mind. But it didn’t rain much, it was not humid, there was a lovely breeze for most part, and it suddenly dawned why people there love this weather. 

I had a meeting on the 35th floor of a building at Nariman Point. The view of the sea left me breathless. 

I got a new pair of sunglasses. I missed having a brown pair. Everyone should own a brown pair once in their lifetime. It gives the world such a lovely hue!

I met Ruchi after about five years or so. I am so glad I decided to spend that one hour with her. It is good to connect with happy fragments of the past. Even if they’re just that.

Suvvir turned one. Bhaiya and Megha made a good decision of not doing a big jing-bang of a party. It was a small gathering, Suvvir was comfortable and happy, and so was I.

I failed a written test. It was discouraging to say the least. 

I paid to go for a photo walk and socialize with strangers. That took the attempts to step out of the comfort zone to another level altogether.

I have been busier than I like. 

5 comments:

P. said...

Wow. One already! Belated birthday love to Suvvir!

I almost went for an InstaWalk (Instagram walk) some days ago. How did yours go?

RB said...

:) Yeah, toofan happens now.

Almost? Gayi nahi? Mine was okay. Ordinary.

P. said...

Nahi gayi. Wahi same old mobility handicap. Next time, inshallah.

Namrata said...

you were in bbay? dont tell me in june! we shud meet whenever. just put up a post-it in your mind about it :)

.. and visiting your blog after quite a while.. and its still maintains its charm! How do you do it?!

RB said...

You're in Bombay now? I didn't know. I visited in July though. Will let you know next time.

You are very kind (although I think you have a soft corner for my blog :P). :)