Sunday, November 13, 2011

Passive

Boredom and the absence of any activity has left me rather irritated. The flurry of social lunches and dinners have only burnt a hole in my pocket and made my clothes tighter. Neither of the results induce any kind of positive feeling. I went for a play last Sunday which turned out to be pointless; I was looking forward to Rockstar, which also turned out to be useless. My constantly decreasing motivation for photography has made me close that chapter as well. And I have spent almost a whole quarter like this....

__________

Rockstar has good music. It has the Delhi winter and a few shots of my college. Ranbir Kapoor has done a rather good job.  He has acted well, he is looking good, and has given the movie the little strength that it has. But the actress, the dialogues, and the narrative were so ordinary that they managed to kill the movie for me. Completely! And I am yet to see a Hindi musical which doesn't try too hard to connect the dots. 

Sadda Haq should not even have featured in the movie. It brought down the intensity of the song simply because it was placed out of context. 

Few Hindi movies play with guilt, and I really wish that Imtiaz Ali had picked someone who did not just have a pretty face. Nargis Fakhri... aargh!!


I had similarly looked forward to Mausam in September. I did manage to appreciate it far more than Rockstar, but it certainly left me yearning for more. In fact, the romance in the movie completely engrossed me. The cinematography was brilliant, Shahid Kapur looked good, and even Sonam Kapoor was tolerable. But I cannot ignore the fact that the movie was quite stupid in parts. And utterly idiotic towards the end. But I think I can watch it again merely because of the innocent romance. It was nice. 

__________

On a different note, my mind has been thinking of a mute poem the last few days. When life and everything around you seems poetically strung but it silences you in a strange way that you cannot tell if it is good or bad, positive or negative; just something unsettling, something worth your emotions.

__________

If dinners at Taj and meetings with some people seem as worthless as they do, I wonder if power is an aspiration worth nurturing and taking stress for. 


........now hoping to make the last few weeks of the year useful. 

4 comments:

Namrata said...

I love ur words :) .. hope the year end turns out the best for you :)

RB said...

:) Thanks.

How are things at your end? :)

Shreya said...

Funny how that last bit can be really unsettling. Kind of makes you wonder about your aspirations, doesnt it?

RB said...

Really does, Shreya. It's eerie.