Monday, December 13, 2010

Four Years Later

After much contemplation, I went to Pune this past weekend for my convocation ceremony. And well, I did everything except get the degree. Don't ask why. It should suffice to know that systems fail in a lot of places.

I flew via Bombay and experienced the city at leisure for the first time. Had always rushed there - be it for flights or interviews. Robin took me to a place called Candies. A nice place, except that I could not help but notice the number of stairs I had to climb.

The evening in Pune was split between Sheesha and Stone Water Grill. Both these places are quite popular with the locals, but I could never get myself to like Sheesha. Starting with the name, it's all too ordinary and less. But Stone Water Grill I enjoyed. Did the much overdue tequila shots and danced till my foot could not handle more. The highlight was a routine with some Korean guys with a robot dance. You really had to be there to know how much fun that was because it was really really fun!! :D

Met a few people that I was looking forward to see, and looked through some whom I really do not give a damn about.

About the new hairdo, from rockstar to power corporate to school boy to downright uncool, I got all sorts of comments. Attention is always good. And you know which comment I loved the most. :D
And a stranger got curious about how I look with longer hair. ;-)

I was glad to half-strip at the Delhi airport security check because of the metal round my leg, and Mumbai airport security I wanted to slap someone for the non-sense they put me through. :-/

---

I am now off to Uttarakhand for a week. Covering almost the entire Kumaon area for an official project. Super excited!

---

Now I do not even care about getting pictures clicked with people who are important. Not sure if that is because they are not important enough any more or if it really does not affect me any more. But I have definitely come a long long way from the time when I obsessed about these things.

I will hopefully click some pictures over the next week though.

I'll do the new year post once I am back. Looking forward to the reflection hour. :-)

For now, ta!

3 comments:

dreamer said...

all the best!
n have a gala time there!!

P. said...

Convocation sounds and reads like it was great fun. Glad you went :D

And am super excited about your trip to the Himalayas too! Have fun, and yes, take pictures!

:D

RB said...

Dreamer,
Thank you. I did have a good time.

Priyam,
Took lotsa pictures!! :)