Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bling-in-Law

You know how people can be different in the way they look, think, act, talk, etc. My sister-in-law and I too are different in almost all respects. Especially as far as taste in shoes, clothes and bags is considered. If I drool over those big leather bags, she likes them shiny. If I like plain, cotton tees, she likes dresses that are shiny. And if I pick floaters, she picks red stilettos.
While this brings good variety to the family's look, it is rather funny when we go shopping together. Brother along! It happened today. At 44 degree celsius.

At one shoe store: I was looking at the classic black pair of heels that goes with everything. She, on the other hand, to kill time, picked a silver shoe that had a big shiny silver flower on it. I put on the right shoe, she put on the left shoe. The same guy was attending to us both. I asked for a smaller heel in that design. She asked for more colours in her design. And then we both looked up from our feet, in the direction where Bhaiya was sitting, seeking opinion. Oh man! Poor man!
At least the other man was getting paid to see two opposite customer-types together.

And I am getting training on cosmetics too. I will soon be able to tell a lip pencil from an eye pencil. Wait and watch.

4 comments:

SS said...

hahaha..

Jas B said...

Hehehehehe. I can imagine the plight of your poor brother.
No wonder my brother refuses to accompany us for shopping! :D

P. said...

Awesome! Make up training from Bhabhis are always so much fun =D

And you, Bhardwaj, are in dire need =p

RB said...

Swati,
:D

Jas,
Hehee.. I know! I can totally sympathise with him. :)

Priyam,
Oh shut up! Bledy!