Sunday, November 29, 2009

Earthly

Nothing can be defined as 'effort' if not waking up at 6:30 am on a Sunday morning. But like some efforts are totally worth every penny, or as I'd like to say, every minute of precious sleep, so was today's for me!

Daksh, my cousin, and I had planned a trip to Rajasthan for my first week in Delhi this time. But my father often plays spoilsport. And so he did this time too. So, as Sariska waits for me, a green patch en route to my current office greeted us this morning. Asola Wildlife Sanctuary was once home to a host of animals including the leopard. Today, it is said that there are more birds than anything else over there.

We did know the route, just had to ask around to find the entrance to the वन. At a check post I asked a police guy for the route, and he was surprisingly sweet enough to offer us tea too. ;-)

We reached just when the sunlight was perfect. But it took us a while to spot our first friend for the morning. Huuge peacocks, lots of deer, white camels, pretty butterflies, some animals whose names I did not know, and unfortunately very few birds - they were all there!
Moreover, I had good company in human form too.



His father was nice enough to let him take his car on his 22nd birthday! :D


Poor guys were scared!

And I was super-excited! Not because of the thorns and wild twigs in my jeans though. :|

I read somewhere that Pune also has a little wildlife sanctuary. I'll have to check on that soon. But a good, bigger national park can't be kept waiting for too long. The itch is getting too much!

P.S. - Every morning should be like a Sunday morning for Mathura Road and the B.R.T. corridor. The drive was dreamy!

7 comments:

swetha said...

too kool !!! i totally loved daksh's photo - u impressed me again

RB said...

:D I'm glad. Thanks!!

P. said...

I ve never seen a sanctuary or animal/bird park in India. Lets go Richa, to the one closest to us..

RB said...

I want to do it around the new year. But this next term without a doubt! Tu bas taiyyar reh.

none provided said...

hey, cool blog!
so u guys live in pune? i was born there!!

awesome, definitely following
btw, "Aarbee" is a nice name, where does it originate from? i was thinking of the urdu word for the Arabic language.

da fotos are beautiful

RB said...

Hey thanks! :)

Yep, I study in Pune.

Aarbee is actually the R and B of my real name. Is there an Urdu word that sounds like this too?

none provided said...

up, the urdu word for the Arabic language is "Arbi" or similarly pronounced to "Aarbee"

cool! :D