Thursday, May 24, 2007

Life In A Metro

I watched the movie Life in a Metro today and quite liked the way all the characters were defined. Each one of them was very real, the stress that they were under was visible and the things that they did made sense. Ranjit was a downright chauvinist and KK Menon did such a brilliant job (as always) that I wanted to go and slap him right away. Yeah, I have the tendency to get carried away with movies and books but even so. Shilpa Shetty’s character was projected in a nice non-judgmental way and the credit for that goes to the makers for sure. There were people who thought that she did the right thing in the end and there were those who thought otherwise, and the way it was left open-ended made it intelligent.
All the actors except Dharmendra did a fairly good job and I...well, enjoyed is not the word...but I did not mind the movie. The music and the band are fab, although the director over-did the showcasing of the band with every song.

A good enough time-pass.

3 comments:

Jayant said...

ME FIRST!

Yeah, the movie was pretty nice. Although, I didn't like any of the endings, let alone the Shilpa Shetty one. Infact, I feel that was the only ending that had been treated well. Can't exactly point out what I didn't like about the other endings except maybe for the fact that the whole climax was a bit over the top and filmy.

Silver Mist said...

Hmmm I don't do all this movie critics thingies.

Had more fun with everyone rather than by watching the movie! :D

Nice film though!

RB said...

Jayant
Yeah, it got dramatic and filmy in the end.
Funn!! Thanks for the treat again. :D

Ishani
I just randomly felt like doing it. :D
Fun to tha hi!! :D