Thursday, March 03, 2011

Small Joys

It is 10:28 pm. The agenda is to be in bed by 11:00 pm. I don't know what I want to write about. All I know is that the blog is in dire need of something happy. Or at least something that is not morose. 

I could write about how I recently noticed in a train that all women around me had abnormally large feet. I could also write about how I now figure that there are many technically under-25 but health-wise over 40 people around. Or about how I am mentally ageing at the same speed as my learning in this organisation is going. Or simply how papayas, not any people are my latest dependency in life. 

But happy. Happy! What is happiness, I wonder. 

Happiness is my slowly evolving silk collection.
Happiness is getting to Gurgaon every day in under an hour.
Happiness is finally being comfortable in formal clothes. 
Happiness is doing government relations 
Happiness is having ticked off ten out of my 25 things to do for the September year-end. And I might just manage to add two more to that list this month itself.
Happiness is having gone about a month without the knee brace. 
Happiness is having gone international with my photography.
Happiness is keyboard shortcuts.
Happiness is orange.

Happiness is being at home with family. 

Happiness is inside.

Happiness would also have been these fonts the way I like them and not the way Google likes them. 

4 comments:

Shreya said...

Richa, I know this is getting old, but you still won't believe it.
I logged into blogger just now to write something very very very similar.
Uff, now I have to think of something to write again.

And you have no idea how similar our idea of happiness ends up being at the end of the day!

Love!

RB said...

:) Why don't you still go ahead and write it. Let's see for once how it would feel to have thoughts written out the same way. :D

Karan Rajpal said...

Thank god for the fonts. My eyes still smart from the fonts that you had earlier.

Shreya said...

So it ends up being the exact same format. Please don't sue me! :P