Tuesday, May 14, 2013

English Vinglish


I am no ace when it comes to the language but even I have to deal with some glaringly irritating factors everyday. 

Move over you're/your, I have some more polished cases for you here.

# There are those who write the same thing in three different ways so that the same thing can confuse the readers in such a way that they have to read the same thing thrice and derive one take-away.

# There are those who use punctuation like they are living in the olden India, of 1970s. Why don't you take her away, for your kind perusal?

# There is another variety. The one that apparently thinks in one long chain and therefore does not think it is necessary to end a sentence such that another long and complicated sentence could begin. I sit and fear my american audience won't even read the email!

# I know one more type. The ones who think skipping conjunctions saves time. What they thinking!

# There is also the endearing fresher from college who doesn't know about business jargon yet. I'd say this one can be dealt with rather easily. Wot say?


PS - It is hot in Delhi now. :D

No comments: