Friday, February 08, 2013

Feels like BFF :)


She is independent
She is entertaining
Has a beautiful smile 
And a free spirit

We bonded over marketing classes, maggi, brisk walks, wild dances, and some unnecessary stress. She was an important part of the beautiful life up on that hill. Almost three years on and we always pick up from where we last left. I can never forget the god-awesome trip to the mountains we took together. And the endless inane chats we had in the hostel, in flights, in my room at home when she came for sleepovers, and pretty much every time we met. 


She is paranoid and emotional too, but you’ve got to know her well to be part of that. 

Mangalore was far, but I did not want to miss her wedding. One of the few that mattered. It was slightly inconvenient to do the back and forth between Delhi-Bangalore-Mysore-Delhi-Mangalore over a space of 10 days, but it was completely worth it. I am so, so glad that I went for her big day!

Warmth, simplicity and laughter enveloped my time in this beach city. Sea happiness, yes. Bad hair moments, oh yes! It should suffice to say that I carried a hair straightener to the wedding venue. And was laughing stock when I woke up in the mornings. 

I missed seeing the small runway of the airport on the hilltop plateau because I didn’t have a window seat. Basu says that I was lucky to have not witnessed it. I got way too curious to appreciate the good luck. Another time, I hope.  

It is one more person who has moved out of Delhi. I don't know when we will meet next. I know things won't be the same here on. This is hard. But I am wishing her a lifetime of happiness with the man who I think is perfect for her. 





Basu looks like a happy prisoner
Me at the Tannir Bavi beach :)

  Photos courtesy all the friends.

7 comments:

P. said...

:)

So strange how we made the best of friendships atop that lonely hill.

I read your post and got reminded of the laughter. In the car. And how you guys wanted to stop at the ice-cream shop while I was barefoot. God Bless Vivek Bhaiya!

RB said...

Hahahaa....what was the name of that ice-cream shop? Pabba's?

P. said...

Haan. Pabba's Ice Cream Parlour (Maine Google kiya) :D

RB said...

Hehe...Google zindabad!

swetha said...

This was an 'aw' post. Never thought anyone would do a post for me :) Just came back to the civilisation so took me sometime to read this. This is beautiful. ~Hugs~

This is a super emo moment for me :)

I agree with you. We manage to continue from where we left. And it is amazing how it never feels like we were away.

swetha said...

btw andaman was splendid. was wondering while i was diving if lahaul was better or this. but i realised that it would be unfair to even compare. they are marvelously different experiences. barefoot was just plain awesome.

RB said...

:) I am glad you like it. *big fat hug!!*

I know what you mean. Cannot compare Andaman and Lahaul. They are both incredible in completely different ways!