Saturday, June 23, 2012

One in Many

I am very self-centred, and have owned a camera I like since 2008. But for some reason, I have never been comfortable with the idea of standing in front of a mirror and clicking myself. I did do it once, long back. But that was because I had to send someone a photograph. It still wasn't the "display picture" kind of photo. But I gave in last month. Not only did I click this photo, I made it my display picture on BBM too. Funny how it was always amusing when others did it, and enjoyable when I did it myself. 

But unlike most of my actions of the recent past which easily qualify for 'random', there was some thought behind it. Not 'artsy' thoughts - just some regular churning.
It was an important day. I had spent every minute of it working. And passing out on a flight, of course. But at the end of that very long day, when I checked into my hotel room, the sense of being alone (in life) got to me. I had made an effort to look good. Had people appreciate it too. But at that moment, I was not feeling good. The fancy hotel room didn't seem fancy. There was no comfort. And to distract/entertain myself, I did this. 



Sometimes I feel I unnecessary complicate things for myself. But some days are certainly harder than others.

8 comments:

P. said...

I cannot believe you dont do this more often. I have a folder full of such pictures. Now hidden in the abyss of the D drive of course.

And dont let the fancy hotel room bother you - they impose this 'cold' feeling, unless you go with your awesome friends of course :)

Although those 'some days' are hard. There are still those which make you crack up. Cheers to more of those.

RB said...

:) Nah, don't really like clicking these pictures.

Shreya said...

Wait...you passed out on the flight?!

RB said...

I always do. Compulsively. Can't keep my eyes open. :D

Shreya said...

Oh! Whew!! I imagined you flat in the aisle, fainting after a busy day with no food or something :P

RB said...

Hahaa...thankfully not. Although it was a no-food, busy work day.

Avantika said...

You look adorable in this picture. Much love.

RB said...

:) Thenks!