Sunday, October 09, 2011

Aiyo!

The fact that I have been earning for a year, as also the current state of my bank balance, forced me into opening an Excel sheet on a Sunday to do some analysis. Actually it was just a dreadful exercise of writing out all the expenses that I have made in this one year. It's not a pretty picture from the savings and investments point of view. Rather, a very sad picture. I don't know how it happened. I didn't do it. I think, even with my limited funds, I do need a fund manager. Who can forcefully take money out of my account. Oh my god, I want to cry! While all my expenses do still seem reasonable, I cannot come to terms with the total. This is why conclusions are not nice. Not nice, not nice, not nice!!! What do I doooo?



PS - I didn't know I spend so much on presents for other people. And so many people! I thought I didn't have friends. Pff!

4 comments:

Sumit said...

Congrats on earning for a year. :)

And yes, I can relate to the spending story. Realised last month that I had 'saved' money in bank deposits, but at the same time I had massive card bills to pay as well.

Thankfully, the analysis helped! :P

RB said...

Thanks. :)

Will it help me too?

Sumit said...

I think it will. (Especially if, like in my case, your folks discover your credit card statement and kick your behind. :P)

RB said...

Hahaa... it was a comment from Dad which was the real reason behind this exercise. :P