Saturday, June 20, 2009

Welcome back to Pune

I have been off the internet for more than a week, and it is never really a great feeling to be away from an addiction for that long. The previous post here lay incomplete in my drafts for too long, but I decided to complete it and post it as on a previous date only. The post that was to come up before that also remained a draft, and I am kinda happy that it did not get published. It isn't that great an idea to give you a close access to my insecurities. I'm anyway too public with my life here. :-)

Continuing with the momentum of leading a public - small audience, but public nonetheless - life, here's a list of things that I remember from the past 10 days...

A last day at work.

A good review and feedback for my work.

More than a few fuck-ups at home.

Loads of packing.

A little bit of shopping.

A niice dinner with most of my cousins last Sunday night.

A long train journey back to Pune.

A guy in the 3rd year of his college was travelling with us and I mistook him to be school-going. His sister was 12 years younger than him, and for an entire day they reminded me of my childhood and the equation I shared with bhaiya when I was younger.

Our other fellow travellers were a weightlifter-coach duo who talked of Olympics, national games, world championships, doping, anti-doping, doping, and anti-doping the whole time.

I thought Pune was just as hot as Delhi when it decided to get the rains going and making it pretty chilly in the nights.

The day right after I landed in Pune was a horribly sick day in a while. We had no classes, planned to go to a beach nearby, got on to a bus that would have taken us there, but as luck would have it... we never got to the beach. Had to get off the bus for stupid reasons. The city had some stupid religious procession which killed every normal person's routine. So we walked and walked and walked and WALKED for miles together. The little things every second moment going wrong also have the potential to fuck your mood. They did exactly that. So by the time I got back to campus.. I was pissed, and overwhelmed, and TIRED with lotsa money spent and no productivity.

The rain has been gathering pace with each passing day.

I have had no bloody classes in the last four days and I am annoyed like hell.

I have started watching Sex and the City, and am already through with season 1.

Some people have appreciated my new piercings and my new hairdo, so I am kinda happy about that.

I have no juniors on my floor and that is quite a bummer considering that I was pretty sure that there will be at least a few of them around for some entertainment.
But instead, my new neighbours are even worse than the previous ones. The last ones could not keep their smoke to their room... these ones can't keep their voices to their room. Bloody hell.

Swetha clicked a picture of mine which is serious and nice. I have never had anybody click a picture with both those features in one and really make it look as nice as this one. I'm happy. So it's my new display picture on Facebook. :-)

I think this is pretty much it. The other stuff that I am bothering about is a job that I hope to have in a few months from now. And a hunt for cute boys on campus. Why are some things in life so hard?

No comments: