Monday, July 02, 2007

Wonderland

I have completed one month in the new world and I am still exploring. Everything is fancy, and I can enjoy it subject to the condition of hard work and high level of discipline. Erm...doesn’t sound too bad. Let us just make it a little bad: ...subject to the orders of a firang management! Ah, that had the effect! :P

So, let me just list down some of the things that are amusing/ fun/ fancy...

# An official email id with my personal signature
# A dress code to follow
# An hour-to-hour tracking of work done
# An unbelievably young environment
# Receiving “private and confidential” mail in my name at home
# Having a cheque book with my name printed on it
# A debit card with my name too
# Receiving tips on being politically correct
# A reason to properly learn how to drive
# Getting a ride to office so far
# A funky keyfob to access work files from home
# Talking to random Brits over the phone
# Super clean office and washrooms
# Still having several things out of my budget
# A near perfect routine for the day (or at least better than what I had till a month ago)
# A forever-attempting-to-control-the-laughter-volume set of buddies
# An ultra-hot, taken colleague

And more...

I am also still in a kind of a daze. Still trying to figure things; still trying to sort my life. And looks like it is slowly happening. Friends almost thought that I needed a shrink – now I am doing much better than that for sure. I am leaving out of control things to time, and using my time to meet hard deadlines. :)

Wish me luck!

14 comments:

R said...

Official email ID sounds fun! And hey, all the best. :-)

~ Deeps ~ said...

goood.......carry on all the fun :)

Subhadip said...

Great! Congratulations on completing one month :-)

b. said...

Before I comment on the post...what does the tag "I love Bullets" have to do with this? Or is it another of those random things?

Congrats for completion of one month...so how was it having your first salary...kya kiya?

That Girl said...

Congrats on one month :)

The official ID is VERY impressive. All those "this transmission contains information that may be confidential" and "you may not disclose its contents to anyone else" bits.... wohoww!!
(Yeah, dug up that mail and copied that)

Keyfob sounds cool too.

And this list cannot be in the order of preference, or "super clean office" would not be so far down the list.

Wish it was louder though, the workplace. Sounded a li'l scary the way you described the reaction of your colleagues to loudness!

Good luck for all the coming months too :)

MeMyself_n_I said...

ooooh keyfob. and hot colleagues. :-D

congratulations in having completed one month.

MeMyself_n_I said...

on having completed* :-p

RB said...

Rohit
Yeah, I'm still not over it. I think it's really pretty. :D
And hey, thanks! :)

DK
Yeah! :)

Subhadip
Thanks! I was waiting for your comment. :)

B.
That tag is for the posts in which I make bullet points. It can be any random list, not any random thing. :D
Thanks hai! First salary thodi spend kar li, kaafi aur karni hai. :D

Amiya
Thaaaanks!!

I was thinking - I remember she found that message impressive but man she remembers the whole thing! Good you clarified. :D

Yeah, keyfob is kinda cool.

Lmao@the cleanliness thing. My first reaction to that was a firm nod of the head. So you hit bull's eye with that one.

Don't worry, all the new people are definitely going to change this office's ways soon. It is impossible to keep us quiet.

And thanks so much, baby! :)

Tania
You pointed out the right things! ;)
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Super clean office and washrooms Very Firang!

An ultra-hot, taken colleague So very very firang. #$%^&*

Looks like you are having fun.keep it up girl.

Jayant said...

A dress code to follow? An hour-to-hour tracking of work done? Doesn't sound too amusing to me?

On the other hand, a debit card with your name and getting a ride to office do. :P

What's a keyfob?

R said...

@ Jayant
I know, bud, what you mean. I had shot a confused look when I heard this sometime back. Just one of those fancy names for key chains. Nothing exciting, I assure you. X-D

Butterfly said...

Well, Congratulations on completing one month successfully.:-)
A cheque book with ur name printed on it. Cool!

b. said...

Time for an update :)

RB said...

EU
I like that element of firangs. I spend most part of my day in that place and cleanliness is something that I would like to take for granted!

Taken! But he's not firang man! He's very Indian and very very hot! Damn!

Yep, having fun. :)

Jayant
Amusing, not in the fun way yaar!!

Keyfob is this little secure password generator kinda thing which I can use to access office files from home.
Not quite a key chain. :D

Sinjini
Thank you! :)

B.
Soon! :)